Just finished "fatal depths"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget your snorkel!!

Yes of course, I figure if I stay at the prominade deck I can use the snorkel and conserve the gas in my tank. That way I can save it for the penetration part of the dive when I'm looking for the china closets.

You can also read "Deep Descent" by Kevin McMurray

Amazon.com: Deep Descent: Adventure and Death Diving the Andrea Doria (9780743400626): Kevin F. McMurray: Books

and

The Last Dive by Berny Chowdhury

Amazon.com: BERNIE CHOWDHURY: Books

I lived through those years and know/knew many of the divers in the books. When these books first came out I read them and put them away. It was too fresh for me to live through again. A month or so ago I finaly reread Deep Descent and was able to concentrate on it. At least the dreams were not as bad as the first time I read it. Perhaps divers also get PTSS.

"Diving into Darkness" was a great book! I read it a couple of times. I just finished "Fatal Depths." Another good one! I read selections to my students at school to demonstrate what wrong choices can lead to. They were mesmerized by the selections, and some of them want to read the book themselves now.

...The Last Dive by Berny Chowdhury

I lived through those years and know/knew many of the divers in the books. When these books first came out I read them and put them away. It was too fresh for me to live through again. A month or so ago I finaly reread Deep Descent and was able to concentrate on it. At least the dreams were not as bad as the first time I read it. Perhaps divers also get PTSS.
Just finished this one last week. WOW! What a tragic story. I found I couldn't put it down.

It's a good read. I found it to be a good reminder of how easily things can go wrong and how one should never get too complacent underwater.

Regards
Richard

You can also read "Deep Descent" by Kevin McMurray

Amazon.com: Deep Descent: Adventure and Death Diving the Andrea Doria (9780743400626): Kevin F. McMurray: Books

and

The Last Dive by Berny Chowdhury

I just finished reading this and it was such a good read. I'm currently reading "Last Dive" by Bernie Chowdhury, which is so far very good, and I'm reading "Fatal Depth" and I have to say so far I prefer "Deep Descent".

D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom