Just finished Adv Nitrox/Deco, equip questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bridgenet

Contributor
Reaction score
Just returned from Dive-Tech in the Cayman's and completed my TDI Advanced Nitrox/Deco class. Had a great instructor and since he was IANTD also class went way beyond TDI. Headed back end of May for Intermediate Trimix, then Advanced Trimix in August... Graduation dive was 150 feet for about 50 minutes with dual AL 80's, (3) 40's, one for travel and extended bottom time (EAN25), EAN49 deco, and EAN80 deco. Spent almost 2 1/2 hours underwater and was awesome!

Anyways cost alot to rent equipment so time to buy some. Fins I had were Apollo Bio, great for recreational diving but had to swim from shore to the wall on each dive, and in current they felt like butter... Need some advise on some good tech diving fins.

Also input on bladder... is 60# good enough for (4) 80's and future? Figure will be AL in the open ocean/wreck. Also leaning towards dual bladder but alot of debates on with or without retraction bands... can see both sides??? Still researching the board for best type (OMS/Halycon/Dive Rite) but that too seems different depending on who listen to. Welcome advice.

Thanks,

Kev

I like jets, I like Cressi Frogs.
Four full AL 80's are only about 20 lbs negative.
I dive the Dive-Rite Classic wing (59# lift) it'll handle double steel 95's & two AL 80 stages just fine.
Personally I don't like dual bladders.
I have no preference re: bungees (I dive both Classic and Rec wings).
I like Dive-Rite. I think Halcyon is good stuff too. I started buying Dive-Rite when it was still just a start-up, and the folks there have always been a pleasure to deal with. For example, (and I don't know if they still do this kind of thing) when I was thinking about getting a Transpac, they shipped me a used one to test dive so I'd know whether it was what I wanted - they knew they had a great product and indeed I bought one. More recently, I had a problem with some bands fitting just right on some new PST steels; Dive-Rite overnighted me some replacements, no charge.
I like 'em and I like their stuff.
Rick

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom