Just did make the flight back from Buddy Dive. (tried not too)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lead_carrier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
After a week, I just did make the flight. I would have enjoyed staying longer but my wallet kept telling me no. Overall, it was an excellent trip. Meet some great people while we were there and couldn't have asked for a better group of dive buddies than the ones we traveled with. Water temp was 79 all week. Temperature was fine, wind was up a bit causing more surge than what I normally run into there but still tolerable. No rain but plenty of mosquitos. Thank goodness for DEET. I did note that for the first time, the airport seemed to be much pickier about the suitcase weight. You must get it within 1# of max weight or you get hit with overweight charges. So be careful and be prepared to pull some stuff and and cram into your carry-on.

The check in at Buddys was speedy, most of the rooms ready (which is amazing since they have such a quick turn around), pool bar and it's staff really anxious to make sure you enjoyed yourself. It does seem that Buddy's dive staff is slacking off a bit. With the exception of Augusto, Francesca and Gwen everyone else just seemed to be sort of stand-offish and acted like they didn't care much whether we enjoyed our diving or not. We had 3 people that needed some extra assistance boarding the boats after a dive and for the most part the boat captains just sat around and tried to look important. Luckily our dive buddies took care of each other. The tank fills were always full. I think I only found one 2800 tank all week. And the sea life was the most diverse that I've ever seen. Jellys, eagle rays, squid, scorpion fish,a couple that I haven't identified yet and a growing population of lion fish. I just wish it didn't cost so much to hunt those suckers. I'd love to shoot a few for the cause and supper.

The only real complaint was a group of divers that were IMHO, jerks. I wish I knew who they were because I would definitely would post their names. They dove side mount and when they were ready to come out of the water, they came out slowly. Apparently only one of them had the strength to actually carry 2 tanks at once. He'd exit them start making trips to carry one tank out at a time while the other diver would stand on the ladder and wait til their tank lackey came back for their tank. Then they would hang their equipment so they 2 divers would occupy 6-8 spaces. I'm just glad that most of the rest of the divers their last week were flunkies like the rest of us and stuck to one hanger and tried to share the space as best we could. So if you get ticked at this paragraph, then live with it, I probably am talking about you.

If you're heading down, have a great trip. I left you with plenty of fish to check out. Other than a couple of talipia that tasted great.

Thanks for posting your report. Looking forward to a trip this summer.

Thanks for the info. My wife and I fly out Friday (05/09). We'll be at Buddy's until the 17th.

Back
Top Bottom