Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...what does being under water have to do with it? I made some small adjustments the last time I went diving. I think I had the chest and shoulder straps too tight. It was causing the back plate to ride too high and the tank to hit me in the back of the head and the top of the plate to dig into my upper back. It felt better and more trimmed out after that so I hope I have it adjusted now so that the weight will be more evenly distributed and I won't get muscle cramps in my shoulders and neck.

oh man... this one is just too easy....

but unfortunately I can't post it here.... so I PM'd it to you! :D

... I think I had the chest and shoulder straps too tight. It was causing the back plate to ride too high and the tank to hit me in the back of the head and the top of the plate to dig into my upper back. It felt better and more trimmed out after that so I hope I have it adjusted now so that the weight will be more evenly distributed and I won't get muscle cramps in my shoulders and neck.

I dont think you can blame this on the BC:no:

They doo make different size straps for the transpac. All the way up to 2xtra busty.:D

I got custom measured for mine by a DiveRite representative at a Demo Show. I don't guess that had anything to do with him throwing in the $100.00 weight belt pockets at no charge. :wink:

I got custom measured for mine by a DiveRite representative at a Demo Show. I don't guess that had anything to do with him throwing in the $100.00 weight belt pockets at no charge. :wink:

I know those Dive Rite reps. Did you notice the hidden camera behind the window.:crafty:

Ummmmmm no...I was just trying on, and over my wetsuit I might add. Do you think I would let a guy know my actual measurements?:shocked2:

For anyone familiar with a transpac or transplate you will realize the backpack style harness is to distribute weight evenly over your back and hips to eliminate neck and shoulder strain, leaving the chest area free and clear of all obstructions...in theory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom