Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take it they didn't teach Roman history in any of the schools you went to...

Denise I can forgive, when she was in school, Caesar hadn't been born yet.

And what was happening to Julius as he spoke these famous last words...his comrades and friends had had enough and had gathered around him to do him in.....hmmmmmm. Funny you should be uttering such words...:eyebrow: You do keep an eye on your back don't you?:D

And what was happening to Julius as he spoke these famous last words...his comrades and friends had had enough and had gathered around him to do him in.....hmmmmmm. Funny you should be uttering such words...:eyebrow: You do keep an eye on your back don't you?:D

wow, names, history, you must have used the google option!

with crabzilla around?

you bet I do!

You two remind me of Jerry Clower's coon hunting story where John climbed the tree to knock the coon out so the dogs could get him and instead there was a bob cat in the tree. He and the cat commenced to fighting and John said " Whoa this thing is killing me..shoot it!!" The other hunters said we might shoot you instead and John said "Just shoot up here amongst us, one of us has got to have some relief" :D

Jerry Clower also had a coon hunting Monkey...but that's a different story..

Jerry Clower also had a coon hunting Monkey...but that's a different story..
"...that monkey thumb-cocked that pistol and shot that coon dog graveyard dead. Nuthin' he hated worse than a lyin' coon dog!..." :wink:

"...that monkey thumb-cocked that pistol and shot that coon dog graveyard dead. Nuthin' he hated worse than a lyin' coon dog!..." :wink:

output.gif

that coon dog graveyard dead.

believe it or not, there is an official "coon dog graveyard" in Tuscumbia.... (no, I'm not kidding).

Key Underwood Coon Dog Memorial Graveyard - Cemetery

Key Underwood Coon Dog Memorial Graveyard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

what's even crazier is that the Alabama Tourism website even has it listed
Coon Dog Memorial Graveyard: Alabama Tourism Department

:rofl3: That is a classic!! My Dad loved to hear Jerry Clower's stories. He is so animated and funny. It wasn't just the story but the way he told it and alot of them are suppose to be based on actual events. I found some on YouTube if anyone is interested.

My Dad loved to hear Jerry Clower's stories.
What gems!
Get this, when Jerry recorded his album, "An Officer and a Ledbetter," he recorded it on Camp LeJeune Marine Corps base. The PR liason (general go-fer, driver, babysitter, etc.) was my brother and he didn't know who Jerry Clower was! I just happened to call him the day he was supposed to shuttle Jerry around and he was telling me, "Yeah, tomorrow got some Hee-Haw fat guy that I am supposed to take care of all day." I asked if he knew the name and he read it off. I 'bout fell out of my chair! :shocked2:
I said, "You mean you're serious? You really don't know this guy?" :shakehead:
Suffice it to say, by the next day, he was looking forward to "work"! At least I got some pictures of Jerry out of the deal. He was the genuine article. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom