Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on the weight issue grab some extra weight and use it. I know when I am teaching students I am so over weighted but my bladder will lift a house. there is always that one student who is never weighted right...... they need to make like a fin weight clip just liek a pound or so i know they make ankle weights but i have never been a fan on them. All my students are 110% in control of there buoyancy when they get their c-card. You know how strict I am about saftey and that is one on the top of my list... If your doing a dive with no line teathered to stop you in a water colum you have to rely on your buoyancy control. But You will figure it out you are great in the water. But the solo diving is not so bright do a search for pasco diver dead. And he was a great diver too.

CDNN :: KUR Dive Team - Weeki Wachee Deepest U.S. Cave System

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/08/29/Hernando/Inside_the_nation_s_d.shtml

http://nssmembersforum.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=diving&action=display&thread=2683

July 14, 2007
Brett Hemphill (KISS CCR), Paul Heinerth (Dive Rite Optima CCR), Corey Mearns (ISC Megalodon CCR) shoot video of the first 2,000 feet of the system using Silent Submersion's new Death Ray and add 1,600 near Mount Doom; they confirmed (via 3 computers) a depth of 403 ffw at the bottom of Mount Doom - and this was not on the "very bottom". From there the tunnel got shallower again (in the 370ffw range) but ended in a room with a much smaller springing tunnel extending off of it. After doubling back a short distance, they found main trunk again and added the remainder of the line there. In the main tunnel near the end of the dive, the team passed a section that looked as if they may have hit the spot where the "F" well's drilling breached the ceiling of the tunnel. The large, main tunnel (where the "F" well connection may have been made) continues, but the dive was terminated on time.

Bottom Time: 2 hours
Deco Time: 9.25 hours
Exploration Team: Brett Hemphill, Paul Heinerth, Corey Mearns
Support Team: Robert Brooks, Jacki Clark, Joel Clark, Eric Deister, Kelly Deister, Lindsey Hodges, Dali Mearns, David Miner, Jeff Petersen, Walter Pickel, Micheal Poucher, Sandra Poucher, Steven Straatsma, Ben Wilcher, Bert Wilcher

That was the first solo I had ever done and it was at Vortex with other divers in the water. I stayed in the basin and just practiced.
I had no idea the Weeki Wachee cave system was that large!!

From the opening where we were, how far is it to the gold line?

About 100ft. Where we were you go into the opening and there is a little hump just a small one, and then you pick up the gold line there it is kinda out of site so the o/w diver do not get any ideas. But they also ran a line all the way out up to the wall that the flow normally pushes to. I have not been back in a couple months so I am not sure if that is still there with it being a STATE PARK now

Wow! It seems like they are making all of them State Parks.

I kept up with all of that for awhile but I haven't been on their site lately so I didn't know what was going on. It is a beautiful place though. One of the most beautiful springs I have been in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom