Just completed my Prism2 CCR Cave Course Yesterday.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just passed my CCR Cave course with Larry Babcock in North FL yesterday. I can not say enough about how thorough Larry is with dive plans & expectations. He hammered hard on appropriate bailout for the dive & dive planning, especially in the shadow of a fatal accident at the dive site a couple days ago. He used the incident to really bring home why it is so important. He even noticed me stressed out & asked me to re- evaluate whether I should make a dive, when my head was not in the game. I sat out & adjusted things as I needed them & got myself settled down & comfortable. That was absolutely the right call. It is that kind of keen observation & wisdom, that makes an excellent instructor. I would highly recommend Larry as a Prism2 instructor to any one wanting a thorough, quality course.

Cool! Many congratulations.

Have you started making a little laundry list of places you would like to visit with your new cert?

Good diving!

My main goal with the cert, is just to be able to explore the caves without the "gas clock" ticking so hard as when I am on open circuit. Don't get me wrong, proper gas planning for the dives is an absolute must, but to be able to take some time to explore is my main goal. I do not need to go far in or deep,... there is plenty to see not far in. Yes, eventually I would like to be able to do larger dives,... but for now, I will just work towards those goals.

Congratulations Tammy! It was nice chatting with you and your dive buddy yesterday at Peacock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom