Just bought some new gear from Scubatoys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Support your local blacksmith shop. Even though they are out-dated and we don't really use horses as a primary mode of transport, they are really nice guys and besides, where else will you get a horseshoe when you need one?

There is a reason there isn't a blacksmith shop on every corner any more. We don't need as many of them.

I am all for supporting my LDS, but I am all for supporting me more. While I certainly don't want my LDS to go out of business, it is their responsibility to ensure their success, not mine. If they are unwilling or unable to change with the times my money won't help them anyway.

They already lost the opportunity to sell me my gear because they charge too much. If they want to refuse to provide me services because I bought my gear on the net (not that I expect my particular shop to do this) then they will be giving away more money.

Kestrell:
Support your local blacksmith shop. Even though they are out-dated and we don't really use horses as a primary mode of transport, they are really nice guys and besides, where else will you get a horseshoe when you need one?

There is a reason there isn't a blacksmith shop on every corner any more. We don't need as many of them.

I am all for supporting my LDS, but I am all for supporting me more. While I certainly don't want my LDS to go out of business, it is their responsibility to ensure their success, not mine. If they are unwilling or unable to change with the times my money won't help them anyway.

They already lost the opportunity to sell me my gear because they charge too much. If they want to refuse to provide me services because I bought my gear on the net (not that I expect my particular shop to do this) then they will be giving away more money.
I agree with you on this one

I don't say support every LDS by any means. The shops with poor service get what they deserve and these days that means going out of business.

Several shops in this area have shut down. The shop I instruct for is doing better than ever. Of course there are those of you who are always bottom dollar. We get you guys in our shop too, after your internet purchased stuff goes bad. We'll fix it for you. We'll be sad with you when you find out your warranty is crap. It's ok.

But if you think you'll get the same service as loyal customers, well sure you will.

If a business can't figure out what the future brings, and mold their model accordingly, it is unfair to ask the consumer just to pay more money because that business man is incompetent

Larry you opinion and operation is truly impressive to me. I had a shop for about 6yrs, in the 60's and in the last 15yrs the shops I visited have amazed me. None that I have seen in 3 states belong in business, especially now, but from what I've seen yours apears to be the exception and have my best wishes. (I may have to add Fill Express in Pompano Fl, for a refreshingly different approach, to your list and make it two shops)

Several shops in this area have shut down. The shop I instruct for is doing better than ever. Of course there are those of you who are always bottom dollar. We get you guys in our shop too, after your internet purchased stuff goes bad. We'll fix it for you. We'll be sad with you when you find out your warranty is crap. It's ok.
But if you think you'll get the same service as loyal customers, well sure you will.

Attitudes like yours is why small compressors are so popular now. The old adage about lighting a candle or cursing the darkness I believe updates to something about low level photon emmision from a porch lite.......

I was told by the proverbial they that I live near a shop that services every brand, which is quite an anomaly. I considered myself fortunate when I chose Zeagle, Mares, Oceanic. I'd be interested to know if the proverbial they were well informed.

Kestrell:

I completeley agree.I followed a link provided by a fellow SB member to a new shop near home. They have a very intresting gimik. FREE AIR up to two tanks a day. There catch prase is something along the lines of " your friends who don't dive don't have to pay for it why should you."
Tell ya what when I get home I will definatley go in and check them out, and more than likley drop some dough in there. Unique way to get people in. Hopefully the rest of the program is squared away.

Hi All,

Just had the best transaction with buying on line! Just received my hubby's new Mares Morphos Pro BCD via UPS. I first found it on Leisure Pro but was leary of buying it without having the full manufacturers warranty. Larry at Scubatoys.com said he would match the price and would order it for me (didn't have it in stock). I figured this take weeks. WRONG! Only 8 days from start to finish..and that includes it being shipped to them and then to me! To top it off, the shipping to me was only 7.40....for a BCD!!! These guys are the best! Never hesitate to order anything from them! Looking forward to getting my BCD from them once I get hubby's paid off. Next on the list...regulator set ups!

Just wanted to share!

Thanks for the kind words Michelle! Yea, we weren't carrying the Morphos... had them for a bit, but was not too impressed, but they redesigned them, and when I saw yours, the Morphos Pro, I must admit, I thought it was pretty nice - so I've got another 50 heading toward me in various sizes. Let me know what he thinks about it after diving it!

So far he absolutely loves it...but he hasn't gotten it wet yet! He's like a little kid on Christmas! He keeps trying it on and playing with it. He's orally inflated it a few times and says it seems really comfortable. Our first trip with it will be in November or December. And hopefully...before that happens we will have saved up enough $$$ to buy me one so we will both have them! Then...on to regs/octos!!!

Thanks again for the great service!

Back
Top Bottom