Just back from Sharm...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
and testing the new FS2 & Aquatica !!!

Have posted some of the shots in the my gallery for anyone interested......everything worked fine till dive no.6 - one flooded DS125.....ooops!!

chippy:

Have posted some of the shots in the my gallery for anyone interested......everything worked fine till dive no.6 - one flooded DS125.....ooops!!
Really nice pictures! All that is missing is a tall cool glass of Karkede (spelling? The red tea you get in Egypt...) to enjoy with them! Sorry 'bout the flood!
Lisa

chippy:

Where did it flood, from the front or from the battery pack?

From the oring side, between the battery and strobe. Or at least that's where it appears to have got wet. There's no sign of any water seapage near the bulbs.

It powers up fine and wines as it charges the capacitor in the usual way, but then a continous beeb comes on with no ready light.

You've got some really cool ones in there...the clam, that first shrimp, the crabs, etc.!!! Good job!

Nice photos, Chippy!

I just got my S2 and the housing is on order but hasn't shipped yet. The 12-24 DX lens is a real beauty topside -- can't wait to try it u/w.

Must be hard to go back to UK waters after the warmth and clarity of Sharm.

Cheers

Mar

What did you do with your Olympus setup and tray?

chippy, what hell is on your site?

everytime i click homepage, my computer stops and takes years to load any other pages (if i'm lucky!)!!

chippy:
From the oring side, between the battery and strobe. Or at least that's where it appears to have got wet. There's no sign of any water seapage near the bulbs.

It powers up fine and wines as it charges the capacitor in the usual way, but then a continous beeb comes on with no ready light.

Then the strobe itself should be fine. I believe the manual says you should simply clean it with fresh water. However, the battery pack needs to be replaced (danger of explosion). Read the manual to confirm what I am recalling from memory.

Back
Top Bottom