Just back from Blue Angel (my thoughts)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mattom

Your Huckleberry
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a great time @ Blue Angel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Met Eva during check in, and she came over to greet us a second time and chat while we were having dinner. She leaves her personal email and phone# with guests incase of a problem that cannot be resolved. Happy to say our group of 6 never had to use it. The hotel is on the main strip, the traffic may be a small issue if you are a light sleeper but I found that shots of tequila can remedy that. It's about a 20 minute walk to town, but for those that rent a vehicle, there is plenty of room for parking on the street right in front of the hotel. There is a nice size fresh water pool (not a supersize pool with swim up bar) that the staff will gladly bring lunch and/or drinks to you while lounging. They also have seaside massages for those so inclined. There are inroom safes. I forgot to put my tablet in several days and didn't have a problem. The rooms were kept nice and clean by Trina (if I remember right) who was a very nice lady. Went out of her way to accomodate us as we opted to sleep in and dive afternoons.
Eddie a native Californian, is the resturant manager. He was always there to make sure things were to our liking. The food is pretty good. Try the shrimp fajitas!
We dove with Jorge for 5 days and he was great. He pointed out things we may have otherwise missed, but also lets you do your own thing. Our night dive was with Norman who was very funny and easy going. Also managed to point out a toad fish during that dive. Dove with Matt 1 day, great guy with some amazing stories. He also runs a resturant with his wife called Ohanas. Ohana Cozumel Located at Ave 5 between 6th & 8th Norte. It's near the Ron Jon shop. I would recommend a night or two there for dinner. The lobster burger is great. Nice atmosphere even with the crazy neighbor playing "Welcome to the Jungle" repeatedly. The boat captians were spot on and fast with the gear exchange. The dive shop had sufficient BCD rentals for our party of 6 but some of them looked like they could use a bit of repair. It's understandable because they get used a lot & FAIK we may have been the first to report the problems. Over the course of our week @ Blue Angel, I ran into people who have been staying there for years and now I see why. At dinner one night, we met a couple who usually stay @ Blue Angel but tried another hotel this time and wished they hadn't. Our party of 6 have all agreed that we had a fabulous time and a large part of that was due to Blue Angel. Good food, good price, good diving and good location. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and we will see Eva and the rest of the staff again in 2013. Oh and free WiFi which helped to settle those late night "what type of fish is that" debates that bottles of Corona couldn't.

These are my opinions and your mileage may vary...

Spot on Mattom. Great review. You have described BA to a T.

Tammy
Woo Hoo... Here we come Coz...Oct 6, 2012 :D

Thanks for the report. We found BA for our 5th trip to Coz, and now it's where we stay when we go.

Thanks for the report Mattom. The anticipation level is elevated. I'm booked to stay and dive with BA in Dec.

Cheers, Bill.

Thanks for the report. I have never stayed there but eat dinner there every time I am in Coz. Food always good.

I did a couple shore dives there last month. Good service at the dive desk. Friendly and accomodating. 10 dollars to rent a tank (and dive)!

I hung outside the Ray city and watched the life from outside the fence. Saw some huge rays and the biggest Trumpetfish I have ever seen.

Happy to hear you all had a good time, Mattom.

Brodydog, don't use up all the air. :wink: My wife and I will be there a week later. Starting to get excited. We stayed at BA for the first time, last year, and are looking forward to many future visits.

Back
Top Bottom