just back from Bahamas diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all.. We just got back from a week aboard the Explorer ventures dive boat. Conditions were excellent, the boat was excellent, crew was excellent.
All in all great trip..
Weather was a bit colder than I have ever seen before, Above water I think it was about 80 with a bit of a wind. Kinda cold getting out untill you got dried off. Water temps consistantly in the mid 70's, and once my wifes computer, as well as mine said we had 69 degress.. BURRRR!!! We had not brought dive gear, nor clothing for those kinds of temps. Good news is, those cold temp brought in tons of sharks.. We had two firsts on this trip.. We saw lots of hammerheads finally, as well as one tiger shark.. I got some great pics.. way up close. All in all a great trip. now it's off to Kona in June to knock off another first, Manta rays!!!!
I can't wait.

MAN!! I posted this report, and it was gone in a flash. There are so many posts per day that most all the posts get run out of the "New posts" section within a few hours.. I just looked and there were over 5 pages of new posts in the last 24 hours. Guess this forum is off and running at breakneck speed now.

Attachments

• Thursday Fri 077 (Small).jpg
    Thursday Fri 077 (Small).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 65
Hi all.. We just got back from a week aboard the Explorer ventures dive boat. Conditions were excellent, the boat was excellent, crew was excellent.
All in all great trip..
Weather was a bit colder than I have ever seen before, Above water I think it was about 80 with a bit of a wind. Kinda cold getting out untill you got dried off. Water temps consistantly in the mid 70's, and once my wifes computer, as well as mine said we had 69 degress.. BURRRR!!! We had not brought dive gear, nor clothing for those kinds of temps. Good news is, those cold temp brought in tons of sharks.. We had two firsts on this trip.. We saw lots of hammerheads finally, as well as one tiger shark.. I got some great pics.. way up close. All in all a great trip. now it's off to Kona in June to knock off another first, Manta rays!!!!
I can't wait.

Sounds like a great trip.......but you should post a Trip Report down on the Liveaboards Forum for others who might be interested in the Explorer Bahamas trips. :D I am sure there are people checking that forum for information you could give them, like your arrival at the boat, was it easy to find, condition of the boat, daily meals, what dive sites and what you saw at each... :D

thanks!

robin:D

Where were you in the Bahamas? We are trying to decide between there and Florida...but those sharks are very tempting.

nice hammerhead pix

We met the boat in Georgetown, Exuma. and then went out to some of the other islands, I.E. San Salvador, Conception,Cat island, Hog Cay,Rum Cay Etc.. Due to weather we spent a bit more time on San Salvador island then usual, but we were all agreeable to that because the weather and vis was so good out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom