Just another question I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to answer = )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

use a garden hose or length of pvc pipe. If it is not too long, it will work well enough, and it is safe.

take an intro to scuba course. it was like 50$ and the best decision i ever made.

Did any of you notice this thread is 3 yrs old and the original poster never posted again? Maybe he tried bermudasink's advice and bit the big one. BTW she has not posted for a couple years herself. Joint experiment with own advice perhaps?

John, you are playing with fire and could die.

Breathing compressed air under water is diving, anyway you slice it no mater what the regulator hose is connected to and you can do serious or fatal harm in only a few feet of water.

If you need to convince yourself that you like or are capable of diving go take a discover course. It may be free but is sure to be less that $100. and might be credited towards your course which in no huge investment if the the sea is calling you.

The gate keeper to diving is the air fill station so there is no legitimate way to charge spare air units.

Pete

Maybe we should have a contest to see who can revive the oldest inactive thread. But it only counts if you can get others to join in.

awap:
Maybe we should have a contest to see who can revive the oldest inactive thread. But it only counts if you can get others to join in.
That sounds like fun.

Let us try it.

Wow. Kinda takes the fun out of the thread, doesn't it? Oh, well. It DID open up a lot of discussion, and I got to read some really great posts. Better than thumbing through last year's diving magazines, anyway. (Hey, I have to get my diving fix SOMEHOW when the water's still too cold!)
By the way, NetDoc, I really enjoyed your descriptions of some of the things you do to show, in real time, the effects of Boyles Law and such. I'm a science educator and routinely use scuba diving to teach physical science concepts such as pressure, Boyles Law, Archimedes principle, the weight of air, the speed of sound, light absorption, and the behaviors of gases under pressure. I present much of this with underwater video and Powerpoint shows made with my photos. It works great in conveying the concepts in a way that kids find interesting. (I also have given presentations at science conferences for educators on using the same techniques.)
Thanks for everyone's input. Keep up the great work, ya'll!

san diego diver:
check out the march issue of "scuba diving" magazine

Check out the date of the original post:wink:

Sometimes I will see a really good question but because its been asked before the ppl us new divers look up to tell us to go do a search of the forum. But a question such as this wich really seems to mock scuba and the safety we all strive for is given alot of attension. Its kinda depressing.

sorry for my spelling mistakes , I lost my glasses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom