Just a reminder.... no air fills at BH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasonmh

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We were out this weekend, just wanted to remind everyone that Stella's compressor is still broken. Word from her son is that it is probably going to take a while to be fixed. So bring all your air with you, or (for those lucky enough to have one) your own compressor.
While eating at Joseph's we met a nice couple who had driven all the way from Phoenix expecting to get air/tanks, and couldn't dive at all, felt terrible for them.

I remember a couple years ago when her compressor was going to be fixed "soon" for a couple months. I hate to see how long "a while" is going to take...

Roak

Yep! The ramifications are many......:shakehead

Jason and I went over there and looked at it. The fan blades that are around the main rotor has/had plastic fan blades that cools the coils behind it. A tarp blew into them and shredded several. Doesn't look like something they can get at Home Depot.......:11:

Hey Kevin, we must have just missed you guys at Joseph's. My dad and I did one last short one and then left, since we could see lightning in the distance.

ABQdiver:
Yep! The ramifications are many......:shakehead

Jason and I went over there and looked at it. The fan blades that are around the main rotor has/had plastic fan blades that cools the coils behind it. A tarp blew into them and shredded several. Doesn't look like something they can get at Home Depot.......:11:

Jasonmh:
Hey Kevin, we must have just missed you guys at Joseph's. My dad and I did one last short one and then left, since we could see lightning in the distance.
They put us in the back since we had such a big group, or was that because Ralph is such a trouble maker...........:confused:

I just spoke with City Hall, and they said the BH is good to go.

Then I called Stealla's house. Her hubby hopes to have parts "soon."

Was going this weekend, but gotta have air.

DandyDon:
I just spoke with City Hall, and they said the BH is good to go.

Then I called Stealla's house. Her hubby hopes to have parts "soon."

Was going this weekend, but gotta have air.

I'd call before you go. The damage was done the weekend before the Fourth, I'm sure parts are eminent, but you never know........

ABQdiver:
I'd call before you go. The damage was done the weekend before the Fourth, I'm sure parts are eminent, but you never know........
I always call before I go. Already made other plans for this weekend...

DandyDon:
Her hubby hopes to have parts "soon."
Uh oh. August-September timeframe, IMHO.

I never quite understood why it takes them so long to get parts for their compressor. They paint a picture like getting parts to Santa Rosa is more difficult than getting parts to Palmyra Atoll.

Roak

roakey:
Uh oh. August-September timeframe, IMHO.

I never quite understood why it takes them so long to get parts for their compressor. They paint a picture like getting parts to Santa Rosa is more difficult than getting parts to Palmyra Atoll.

Roak
I don't know, but it could be an old one with parts difficult to locate? I just had to replace a belt on a 26 yo clothes dryer. I found it locally, but only after getting the parts # from Whirlpool. Or, it could be a cash-flow thing? Stella works at a motel, and I think her hubby is disabled.

I have tanks, air fills and lead lined up for Sept 22 & 23!!

Southwest Aqua Sports out of Lubbock will be there with compressor. They might be able to accommodate more divers if I let them know how many. No "maybes" please. If you are a firm "Yes," subject to change, let me know by PM.

They go Friday nights, then dive both mornings. If we want to go for two days, we could get tanks from them even after they're finished diving Saturday, then dive with them Sunday morning. I may book rooms for Saturday night...?

If we go Sunday only, we'd need to get there early and finish by noon, as they'd need their tanks back by then. I'd as soon go for 2 days, 1 night - but waiting on work from local buds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom