Jupiter water temp in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's chilly or windy on the surface, that second dive can be miserable as you've not been able to replenish your body heat.

Bring a light weight rain coat. Put on over your wetsuit during SI. Then your wetsuit will turn from being a cooler due to evaporation back to keeping you warm. Boat coat does the same.

Bring a light weight rain coat. Put on over your wetsuit during SI. Then your wetsuit will turn from being a cooler due to evaporation back to keeping you warm. Boat coat does the same.
Good advice. Thank you.

I dove Blue Heron Bridge in West Palm Beach today with my daughter. I was fine in a 5mm, she was cold in a 3mm shorty. I’d vote 5mm. I don’t tolerate cold like I used to though. I probably would’ve been in my dry suit today had it not been for trying to pack light LOL.

Blue Heron was 79 yesterday. I Just looked at my logbook from last year. It was 80-81 deg off shore in Jupiter. Either way I dive a 3 mil year round 1, because I don’t get cold easily and 2, because I think >3mil can be a buoyancy nightmare and some people have to overweight themselves to get down. I do notice however that many people opt for a 5 mil in the winter. May is definitely the transitioning time. So unless you get cold easily I would recommend a 3 mil. Should be good turtle activity beginning in May so enjoy the dives!

For water temps in the upper 70s, most folks are between a 3 mil and a 5 mil. Wearing a hood helps a lot as you lose the majority of body heat through your head, and if you dive with your spouse, you can claim you can't hear him/her.

Also, if you're doing 90 mins plus at BHB, you will get colder as you lose body heat, same on second dive of a two tank charter.

Keep track (log book?) of the temperatures on your dives and your exposure protection. Being cold is no fun, nor is being hot and carrying a lot of weight.

Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom