Jupiter conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angry Turtle

Contributor
Reaction score
So, we cancelled diving out of jupiter today because of the storm.

Now, how soon would you expect conditions to be better after a storm like this? By Saturday?

Forecast for Friday and Saturday 2-3 feet with a north wind. That might not be too bad. Sunday 2-4 building 4-6 with a northeast wind....not too good.

Having said that these are only forecasts. 2-3 feet with a north wind might be less. When the wind is from the east the forecasted waves seem to be more accurate. With a west wind the seas seem to be calmer than forecasted.

Marine Forecast : Weather Underground

who were going to dive with ?

Forecast for Friday and Saturday 2-3 feet with a north wind. That might not be too bad. Sunday 2-4 building 4-6 with a northeast wind....not too good.

Having said that these are only forecasts. 2-3 feet with a north wind might be less. When the wind is from the east the forecasted waves seem to be more accurate. With a west wind the seas seem to be calmer than forecasted.

Marine Forecast : Weather Underground

We have done 2-3 feet before, I am wondering though, if the washing machine conditions I imagine would be there today would make for crappy viz still on Saturday.

We have done 2-3 feet before, I am wondering though, if the washing machine conditions I imagine would be there today would make for crappy viz still on Saturday.
Probably viz will be around 15 FT Max on Saturday

boricuamajao.... We were out yesterday and while it was rough it was not that bad. The vis was 90 foot in most of the spots we dove with a strong north current. Water temp was warm and in the low 80's. Vis should be very good this weekend. Enjoy your dives....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom