Jupiter Bad Weather Dive Locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdcruzer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm considering a relatively last minute trip to Jupiter the first week of July. The long term weather forecast calls for some unsettled weather over the next couple of weeks. Are there any inland or protected areas to drive if we can't get out on some charters?

Last year we were cancelled for a whole week of diving in Panama City Beach due to the weather. Ultimately we ended up at Vortex Springs but I don't see any springs around Jupiter.

Thanks

If you can't get out in Jupiter, you may be able to get out in West Palm, I use Narcosis. If you can't get out in West Palm, you may be able to dive at the Blue Heron Bridge. If Blue Heron is a no go, I ride my bike. :)

I live in West palm and take trips to the keys often. There and back to key largo is easy. 2 hours plus each way but worth it.

I live in West palm and take trips to the keys often. There and back to key largo is easy. 2 hours plus each way but worth it.
I spent 15 years figuring out where to live in Florida for the diving, I decided on Boynton Beach. Best reef in Florida, the Castor for Goliath Grouper aggregation. 15 miles to West Palm and Blue Heron Bridge, 30 miles to Jupiter. I love the Spiegel Grove, the Duane, and the Bibb in Key Largo.

Blue heron bridge is good almost anytime unless the water gets really opaque from suspended sand or if there is a ton of fresh water runoff from heavy rains. Even with only 10 feet of vis, it's a good dive if you like macro life

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom