Junior Open Water Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright Ohana,
My 14 yr old daughter is ready to do the scuba thing and I'm looking for an instructor that can help me out. I checked with one local dive shop and $300.00 including books seems a little steep. If anyone has any suggestions it would greatly be appreciated.

Mahalo,

same exact course for adults..no reason to be less expensive...$300. include's books sounds about right,especially in HI ..is that with the training dives too??If so its cheap...

onfloat:
Well I would agree, but the same store only charges $225 for adults. Yes it's with training dives.
thats just not right for them to up price..Is it maybe a private or semiprivate class?Not in their established schedule??try someplace else..

kidspot:
Is she gonna be starting off DIR too?
wow.. is she gonna use doubles right off the bat?

maybe doubled 60's or 40's :wink:

/slaps JJ (that's 14 demerits and 7 extra valve drills for you)....by the way I think I fixed the 14 inch gap you tore into my boat today.

300 bucks is about right. Especially if you expect a quality class, not some 1-day wonder course...now for them to up the price is somewhat weak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom