Coming to the FEAST?

• I'm hoping for the Fling FEAST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • my life sucks, I can't make either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is 13... perfect for friday the 13th :D
Karen not coming and Chris and Melissa joining us made the number come out just right.... unless you are superstitious :wink:

andercb1
chrispete
k-valve + Angie
Mack Diver & 2 guests
NadMat
rumbum
scubashawn123
subzero
Zinc
lmwb_1977

I am about to call Nuevo Leon and give them the number. The reservation is under my name(matt townsend) and supposed to also be listed as Austin Swampers. If anyone else needs a seat, it is up the them to call and see if possible to add to reservation( or if you're a cutie ya might find a lap available :D).See everyone there tomorrow.

is 13... perfect for friday the 13th :D
Karen not coming and Chris and Melissa joining us made the number come out just right.... unless you are superstitious :wink:

andercb1
chrispete
k-valve + Angie
Mack Diver & 2 guests
NadMat
rumbum
scubashawn123
subzero
Zinc
lmwb_1977

I am about to call Nuevo Leon and give them the number. The reservation is under my name(matt townsend) and supposed to also be listed as Austin Swampers. If anyone else needs a seat, it is up the them to call and see if possible to add to reservation( or if you're a cutie ya might find a lap available :D).See everyone there tomorrow.

uhhh we had no shows... jeesh. It was nice meeting the ones that showed up. That is by far the b est margareta ever

... even if a bit hard to get to and park... forgot all about the ROT rally and all the downtown street closing. I just pulled into the parking lot at 6:30, saw chris and melissa also looking for parking and walked in with them. Alex?(andercb1) was already there, and Enrique showed up a bit later. We ordered some drinks and ate some chips while waiting on everyone else to arrive, talked about diving at mansfield and WP.

About 7ish Macks guests showed up, followed fairly closely by Mack, carrying a bag of shirts. John and Angie were out of FEAST, he was in a hurry to get down to Clipper :D I can fully understand that, much fun as LTS boat dive tomorrow will be, I'd trade it in a second for a boat ride to the Clipper. I look forward to his trip report as penance for missing feast:wink: And he did pass shirts along to Mack to bring to FEAST.

Voting tonight selected The Tavern as next location and changed timing to first fridays, making it the FFEAST :)

so watch for julys FFEAST thread and poll, coming soon...

Nice to meet all the newcomers, lisa marie (who I get to dive with tomorrow) and nathan, Alex, Danielle? and her husband (whose name is blanking on me right now)and kids(who's names I never caught) as well as the regulars chris, melissa, mack, and enrique... Hope to see more newcomers become regulars. Eventually I wil get your names right :)

I will expect to see trip reports from shawn and zinc as well since they were absent :wink: :D

It was great to see everyone last night. Traffic sucked , but it was worth the effort. Nice to meet Nick and Danielle. I did not catch the kids names either, but I'm sure I will.

FYI, Nick and Danielle are both NAUI instructors and will be working at Oak Hill Scuba. Chris is also working on his instructor rating and should have it complete by the end of June.

At first I was a bit sad that I was going to have to miss yet another of the fine Swampers Social series of events – but this time I did have a good excuse. Terry and I were in New York City celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We decided to have our own little local FEAST gathering at the 21 Club on West 52nd. As you can see – the NYC FEAST attracted a crowd almost as good as the one in Austin.

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

Nadmat -

You did notice that the guys in the pictures with us are the Republican Presidential candidate Senator John McCain, John Rich (of country music's Big & Rich) and former NY City Mayor Rudy Giuliani ...

I invited them all to the July FEAST.

Last edited:
Our turnout had way cooler guests. I'll bet none of them even know how to dive.

the NYC FEAST attracted a crowd almost as good as the one in Austin.
IMG_1097.JPG
Hmmm...are you sure about this guy? He looks just like the carpenter who's been working on our home remodel...Vernon Tuck. Darn good with a hammer and saw! :D

Sorry I missed the FEAST, but Zinc decided to drive down with me to the Clipper at the last minute and we figured we'd better get a move on if we were going to get any sleep at all. Glad ya'll got your t-shirts! Thanks for the help with that, Mack!

So if a presidential candidate comes to the July FEAST, that means I would have to mind my manners, right?

Back
Top Bottom