June 27th - Yellow Brick Road

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Nathan,

I think those two were juvi Sand Divers. I'm not too comfortable with juvenile forms, but they looked a lot like the adults, which I've seen there several times.

That was a great dive and a great start to the weekend.

Hope to dive with you again soon,
Grier

I agree with Grier, I think I saw several juvi sand divers. Plus, they were hopping in and out of the sand, so that kind of confirms it in my mind. We saw all kinds of cool stuff didn't we? Very nice dive! I'm glad I finally broke the bad shore diving cycle!

Hmmm. So I got it down to family and genus at least. Synodontidae-not a family I know how to speciate. I guess I'll have to read up on how to distinguish sand divers from other lizardfish. Thanks guys!

If you have any tips, be sure to share them. I'm still very much an amateur at fish ID. I'm always open to suggestions!

-G

Incidentally, if we had read Jenny's synopsis of the dive site under "Insider Information", we'd have known exactly where to go. It's a nice description of the site.

-G

Ya know! I really need to visit more often!! I miss diving with you guys.... :11:

Same here, Marvel. I've also got to hear the stories about Bonaire - I haven't seen you since the day you left.

Hope things are going well,
Grier

We should have done our homework, huh? Marvel, we miss you too! I don't think I want to go near the beach this weekend LOL!!!

Rebecca,

Thanks for setting me up with your hubby and friend for my first Atlantic Ocean dive! What a great time. I had two DMs lead me on a great reef dive. How lucky can I get? The reef, fish and vis were all fantastic!

The guys were so nice to let me tag along. I know that they were a bit apprehensive at first having a rookie dive with them, but I followed right along and had a wonderful 83 minute dive. Add that to the 82 minutes with scuba_jenny the day before and I almost doubled my entire diving bottom time in just 2 days!

Thanks, again.... and I hope to be back down to S Fla. for more real soon.

James

James, glad you had a good time, so sorry I missed it, but you were in great hands with Chris and Doug! Next time hopefully I won't be wounded and can make it through a dive!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom