jumping off high platforms with spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well...Small and compact for tight spaces
Military-8-300x300.jpg
66282593_10156791445526843_6581862648965496832_n.jpg
fin_sizes.jpg

Well, here’s the thing….the Army wants their boots on because they are deploying in water to infiltrate on land. I would not enter the water without my fins on my feet. The Army has to have really large foot pocket fins to put them on over their boots too. Then, with boots on, it’s hard to point the foot to have a good propulsion from the fins.

Concerning Force Fins, some USAF Pararescuemen really like them. These PJs are jumping in a different manner than we used in the 1960s and 1970s. Instead of jumping the right door of the HC-130, for instance, they jump the ramp. Also, they now jump either HALO (High Altitude, Low Opening) or HAHO (High Altitude, High Opening). I have not jumped in the modern manner, using square chutes (parawings, actually). Ours at that time were static line jumps, from an altitude of 1250-1500 feet (except for combat jumps, which I never made, at lower altitude), into the prop blast. The advantage of Force Fins is that they are easy to walk in while on the aircraft, and as Bob Evans stated above, provide less surface area for the water entry.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom