Jump Bump Video - close to a very bad headache

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
take a look at my recent red sea jump. be sure to listen to the appropriate boat music! this incident only happend on tue 11nov08. isn't tech amazing now

for those not aware of the egyptian way it's jump jump jump, walla walla walla(hurry). on this video i'm concered about giant stepping onto someone who's already jumped. the cool dude to my right seems not to give a ****. his tank landed on my 1st stage whilst i'm coming up and the rest is obvious. i thought my hp hose had gone but it was the 1st stage

i got back on the boat a little bit shaky after having 200bar blasted next to my head and have someone land on me. they asked me if i wanted to still dive. said yes, had my tank changed whilst still stood up and kitted out, had my friend inspect, ok, all good, back in in about 1 min! amazing!

regrouped and about 10 min into dive at about 15m heard the biggest bang imaginable it shook my body. i new i had an equipment failure so took a good lungful and made my way to my buddy. i could not hear a jacuzzi and my spg was not dropping. inspected my 1st stage and noticed a big split in my lpi hose with a not too bad leak. made the dive guide aware of the problem. i was thinking **** this lets get back to the boat, but we were on a drift dive at a vv busy dive site. i was expecting use someones occy pretty soon too. we made our depth to 10m or less and we continued the dive but i knew where everyone was and stayed within easy access to an occy. luckily that was all that failed. i was ****ting myself for sure and running through all the possibilites and options available to me. textbookwise i should of surfaced, i had a sausage in me pocket, but i was risking getting dragged out by a current, getting runover by a snorkel boat and causing a lot of trouble for the boat to find me. i'm glad i continued the dive although i didn't really pay much attention to the fish!

in a nutshell, i think it is most dangerous and stupid to james bond off a boat when divers are having to jump like parachutists. i more than made him aware of my throughts and i eventually got an apology out of him when he seen where his tank landed on my 1st stage. I had a very very lucky tuesday this week. i will always be the last off the boat from now on though!

i never thought i'd say this but aren't cameras great!

Wow! I've dived in Egypt a couple of times (and I'm going back next May), but we've always had one of the boat crew there telling us when we could go in! And they were always watching to be sure the diver before us was out of the way. Sorry you had such a lousy, scary dive, but thank God you weren't hurt!

Trish

I think I was unlucky but very lucky aswell!

The divers on the boat were mainly DM's and Instructors so I think that's why the boat boy was happy to let us jump without supervision. Big mistake.

I blame the idiot who landed on me. Fair enough James Bond jumps are less aggresive to you equipment but when divers are getting to jump off like parachutists due to doing a drift dive in a bit of current you should not jump this way. It's thoughtless and plain stupid. After my incident and after I went mad on the diver, everyone was giant striding and allowing safe distance to jump 1st!

The tank could have just as well landed on your head!
As you've said, you're really lucky not to get hurt.

Looks like the guy with the camera also nearly jumped on the one in front of him...

Back
Top Bottom