July roll call!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From ddeborahdelamar:
Cozumel's Municipal 4th of July Celebration
In a wonderful effort to embrace and cooperate with the US community of Cozumel, the city has invited the public to celebrate 4th of July in the Plaza. There will be local restaurants with food and drinks available for purchase. (Hamburgers or Tacos??) The Mayor, Aurelio Joaquin, will present an award to the "Civic Minded American" Contest winner, Lisa Ramirez of the Coz Humane Society. And did I forget to mention that there will be FIREWORKS?!

It will be a family-friendly event and the sponsors hope you will attend.

Fireworks will start at 8 pm.

Hope to see you there!

When: Monday, 4 July, 5-9pm.
Where: Parque Benito Juarez (the original main plaza downtown)

Is Wet Wendy's anywhere near there? Many of us are going to be there for our Meet-n-greet.

Ok LeeAnne your time has come. You and your mom have a wonderful time/trip to COZ.
It is hard not to. So very hard.
Just hope you will dive the "cold waters" this summer with us after diving the warm drift dives of COZ.
Tip: Try the Victoria beer.
Dive Santa Rosa Wall and if you get a chance to dive up north, dive Baracuda and San Juan.
I believe the municipal plaza is about a 5-10 minute walk from the main plaza back heading toward SCC. I've seen some nice concerts there and there is Rock-N-Java Thai noodle across the street.
Good food.
Have fun.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis! I'm pretty excited...our flight leaves at midnight (doing a red-eye). I'm at work, and it's REALLY hard to concentrate! I keep finding myself clicking over here to read the Coz forum, or over to the Aldora website to read more about the dive sites...I really need to focus on work. Ugh. :wink:

Just printed out our boarding passes...I'm all packed and ready to go. Can't get out of here soon enough!

Just FYI, the July 4th announcement above says: "Where: Parque Benito Juarez (the original main plaza downtown)".......so you Wet Wendy's
folks are right there........have fun!

Is Wet Wendy's anywhere near there? Many of us are going to be there for our Meet-n-greet.

Can't miss it. You'll walk right through the middle of the celebration on the way to Wet Wendy's which is just half a block off the square. Hope your flights run smooth and on time.

Two tanks today, Columbia deep down to 90fsw for 60 mins and then Delilah to 60fsw for 64 mins. Saw about 7 turtles, one of which was a huge loggerhead.

I think I can safely begin my countdown to cozumel - we leave on a flight at 6am on Saturday. Can't wait to get wet!

Besides the special event in the Square on the 4th, there will be a Local Market and Locally Produced Goods Fair on Saturday, the 16th from 8 AM to 2 PM, and Saturday the 30th from 5 to 10 PM. Get to town and support the Cozumelenos!

Back
Top Bottom