July 16 - Lake Rawlings- Diving and grillfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, what can I say other than ... GREAT time - glad everyone got to show up. Say .... where was Pedro??? Was he NOT there, or did he just go off by himself to a different part of the lake? (lol) Kristi, my bro, John, and I all had a great time. Dive 1 was on the west part of the lake - surface swim to the boat on the wall, then to the bus, obstacle course, 'puter graveyare (John really liked that, as he's an IT/help desk in NY for the schools system) and then the "replacements" boat. 55 min dive, indicated 72 degrees, 40 ffw max. Colder at 40 than computer indicated - about 52-54ish. Kristi was really havin' fun and clowing around, John was patient as I was shooting some small fry around the sailboat. Rest, lunch, T-storm, finally back in to the east part of the lake. We forgoed the wheelhouse boat 'cause of the temps, went to the "triangle wrecks" and van. Got to the forest, Kristi headed back to the entry area to do some weighting and bouyancy checks, John and I went to the car and watched a couple of bedding bream (agressive!!! - got bit on the ear!), and headed back in. Was happy with my navigation on the second dive - hit the targets each time - in less than the usually great Rawlings viz. Got home tired, hungry and grinning! 2nd dive: 44 ffw max, 40 min, 69 deg indicated - again, a little colder than that below the thermocline at about 25 ffw on that side of the lake. Say - it seemed that the thermocline depth was a little different on the west vs. the east side - or was that my imagination? I'll post a few pics in my album later this am or at lunch. Hmmm - seems I "might" have some blackmail photos also - but I think I'll be good! :devil_2:

HEY!!! Look at the counter!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

kristi hager:
So U aren't dissapointed you blew something off to join us?
No, I am definitely glad I stayed and got some more dives in. Check my counter too!! I prolly could've gotten very intoxicated at the party, but then I couldn't have gotten a night dive in! Or an EARLY morning dive on Sunday.

NCDiver2004:
Good thing there wasn't any cameras around during drysuit class, right Jason?!?
LOL! No doubt Charlie!! :D

Hey all,

Sorry we didn't socialize as much as we should have. I guess I didn't really express to my group that this trip was also a social event. Anyway, we did manage to meet Paula and a few others. So at least it wasn't a total loss :)

Next time I'll bring my camper down in to lot C, that was a lot larger than I thought it was. I think the geographic separation hurt a bit also.

We're planning a trip up to Dutch Springs (near Allentown, PA) probably in couple/three weeks, if any of you are interested. It's probably 8 hours from Rawlings :D

-Warthog

I'll be at Dutch Springs this weekend (July 23/24). If you happen to be there, let me know.

Mike

cmalinowski:
I do, I do. Man, those things were wonderful... mmmmmmmmm
11ztongue.gif

Those Cookies, not really a family recipie but one that came from some commercial source when I was a child and from there has been modified to the likes of our family.

Mark Vlahos

Hey all,

I tried to take some pictures of Dan on the night dive, unfortunately other than a shot of his torso :D , none of them really came out...

However, I did find out, that if you enter the padi bus, and come out, the bubbles... :eyebrow:

Thanks everyone for a great weekend!

Greg and Doc by the campfire playing... Priceless!

Getting to try doubles... :shakehead well... Just kidding! :D Thanks so much Mark for your time and patience.

Ken

kwickert:
Hey all,

I tried to take some pictures of Dan on the night dive, unfortunately other than a shot of his torso :D , none of them really came out...

However, I did find out, that if you enter the padi bus, and come out, the bubbles... :eyebrow:

Thanks everyone for a great weekend!

Greg and Doc by the campfire playing... Priceless!

Getting to try doubles... :shakehead well... Just kidding! :D Thanks so much Mark for your time and patience.

Ken

Hey, is that LIT's Moonie statue?

Looks like he passed some gas as I see a bubble trail rising!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom