Juliet Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taupiz

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering a 7 day trip on the Juliet. They have a week in the Bahamas sailing out of Miami. Looks very nice on their website "sailjuliet.com"

I would like to know if some of you have tried this liveaboard before and what comments you may have.
Thanks,
Patrick in Miami

The Juliet is awesome. I went out for the first time last November over Thanksgiving. I had a blast. Capt. John is great, Israel(the cook) lots of fun. His reply everyday to How are you was "its the best day of my life". The other crew members were finishing up their tours but they were great too. Bull Run was the best part. It is an area that one time had a population of Bull Sharks, but have since been fished out. However, it does have the Carribbean Reef Shark and they were all around us. It was a great dive. I am leaving next week for a long weekend on the Juliet. BTW, the Juliet was a cargo boat defore it was a liveaboard. It has been upfitted, and is pretty decent. Be prepared for the crossing of the gulfstream. It was rough in November. I hope you go and have a blast just like I did.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually did Bull Run two years ago with Blackbeard and so I also know about the crossing. I got lucky it was dead calm. I was thinking about doing a long weekend as well but for the price I think I will do the 7 day trip.
Have fun next weekend.

Wow, that looks like a pretty cool liveaboard. I've been looking at Blackbeard's, but since they don't do Miami departures any more, this may be more convenient.

My LDS did a test run last April (2005), and they booked it for this Aug (I'm going) for anyone and they booked it again for the family of one of the co-owners. They thought everything was great.

del_mo:
My LDS did a test run last April (2005), and they booked it for this Aug (I'm going) for anyone and they booked it again for the family of one of the co-owners. They thought everything was great.

Thanks for the info Del_mo, do tell upon your return in Agust.
Thanks.

You will have a blast ont he Juliet. I went last October and had a great time. I am looking forward to going again sometime in the next year. The Juliet has a wonderful crew and there is plenty of space. I think they only take 12 people on the boat, and it's a small crew of four. Also, if you're not Nitrox certified yet, strongly consider getting certified while on the Juliet. It was only $75 for the course, and that included the NAUI books AND Nitrox for the trip. The Juliet is definitely a bargain.

Excellent. Now I just need to pick a time to go. Yes, they only take 12 people so it's no cattle boat. The Nitrox course is a good idea, thanks for the tip.
Can't decide if I want to go sometime in June or wait until October.
Either way, Juliet it is.

Some advice, load up on dramamine starting a day before your crossing. When I went in October, it was just a few days before Wilma hit, so I'm sure that didn't help matters, but.........the crossing from Miami to the Bahamas was brutal. There were 12 foot swells, and the crew said it was while the crossing is normally rough, this was the worst they had seen. Everyone was sick, crew and all. Other than that, it was a wonderful trip! :)

What is their shoe policy? I wanted to take my Keen non-marking sandals with me to wear but I didn't know what their shoe-wearing policy was. I'm not big on going barefoot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom