Juliet liveaboard question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janie88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are considering booking the Juliet out of Miami for this coming August. Does anyone have experience with being on the Juliet and is it a difficult ladder to climb back into the boat? We've done Aggressor and Explorer Ventures liveaboards, but not a sailboat, so I'm not sure of how it works getting back into the boat after dives.

Thanks!

The ladder is basically a stair case.

@dianna912 recently posted a trip report from the Juliet and may be able to help. @Ontwreckdiver has a couple of trip reports - July 2020 and one November. @Kimela has also done the Juliet before. I imagine one or more can describe the ladder situation.

Richard.

I suppose things could have changed since 2016, but here's a picture of me coming up from my 200th dive (on the Sapona). Good shot of the stairs.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 11.58.06 AM.png

I suppose things could have changed since 2016, but here's a picture of me coming up from my 200th dive (on the Sapona). Good shot of the stairs.

View attachment 651750
Perfect! Thanks so much. No big deal from the look of it. Was just curious since this is a schooner for any differences. I really want to book the August week, we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary that week too, but it IS hurricane season.

Perfect! Thanks so much. No big deal from the look of it. Was just curious since this is a schooner for any differences. I really want to book the August week, we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary that week too, but it IS hurricane season.

Go for it - and let us all know when to start crossing our fingers for you (and congratulations)! I posted that picture on July 29th - so we must have gone the week before. We can't predict the weather, but we can hope. :)

I really enjoy the Juliet in fact I'll be on a May sailing. As others have already said, dive access is more of a staircase than a ladder and the crew is very helpful assisting entry/exit. If mobility concerns (other than having a tank on your back :)) are behind your questions, you should be aware that you'll be dealing with ladders when accessing the cabins. Unlike Aggressor, Explorer Ventures, etc. the Juliet is a more "eclectic" boat that's been retrofitted for diving. Not a negative in my opinion, but part of her charm along with the wonderful crew and laid back vibe. Just something you should know about. Kat, probably your contact, is very helpful and responsive. You can contact her directly via the email address on their website. Have fun...I know I will...:):clearmask:

I really enjoy the Juliet in fact I'll be on a May sailing. As others have already said, dive access is more of a staircase than a ladder and the crew is very helpful assisting entry/exit. If mobility concerns (other than having a tank on your back :)) are behind your questions, you should be aware that you'll be dealing with ladders when accessing the cabins. Unlike Aggressor, Explorer Ventures, etc. the Juliet is a more "eclectic" boat that's been retrofitted for diving. Not a negative in my opinion, but part of her charm along with the wonderful crew and laid back vibe. Just something you should know about. Kat, probably your contact, is very helpful and responsive. You can contact her directly via the email address on their website. Have fun...I know I will...:):clearmask:

Thanks! I am going to call our local dive shop tomorrow and have them hold one of the ensuite cabins - any preference between the aft and the forward ensuites?

I will purchase trip insurance specifically with hurricane/inclement weather coverage. That's my main need for trip insurance. We will both be fully vaccinated (hubby is vaccinated, I am getting second shot tomorrow).

No issues with mobility. I am a runner, my husband is very fit too. Was more curious about the re-entry after a dive. We are both sailors as well, and have owned a small 22' sailboat.

I am getting excited. If this trip is as wonderful as everyone says, I may look into one of their repositioning trips!

Go for it - and let us all know when to start crossing our fingers for you (and congratulations)! I posted that picture on July 29th - so we must have gone the week before. We can't predict the weather, but we can hope. :)

Kimela - I love reading your posts! Our dive shop said that week is totally open so far. Maybe you should call our dive shop and reserve a cabin too for that week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom