Juliet liveaboard question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love your pic - question: you are allowed to wear gloves?

Yes, at least we were then. I don’t recall being in any marine parks along the Bimini Chain - but things may have changed.

Kimela - I love reading your posts! Our dive shop said that week is totally open so far. Maybe you should call our dive shop and reserve a cabin too for that week!

Believe it or not, we have been discussing a week in August on the Juliet! That would be a lot of fun! Thanks for the nudge. :)

Aft ensuite is better otherwise you will be going through watertight hatches every time you go down to the cabin.

Believe it or not, we have been discussing a week in August on the Juliet! That would be a lot of fun! Thanks for the nudge. :)

Let me know if you book it. The week of 8/21-8/27 is with our dive shop Aquatic Adventures:(614) 545-3483 when I spoke to "Retail Ryan" at the shop, he said only one other couple was currently booked. That would be so great if you joined us!

I really enjoy the Juliet in fact I'll be on a May sailing. As others have already said, dive access is more of a staircase than a ladder and the crew is very helpful assisting entry/exit. If mobility concerns (other than having a tank on your back :)) are behind your questions, you should be aware that you'll be dealing with ladders when accessing the cabins. Unlike Aggressor, Explorer Ventures, etc. the Juliet is a more "eclectic" boat that's been retrofitted for diving. Not a negative in my opinion, but part of her charm along with the wonderful crew and laid back vibe. Just something you should know about. Kat, probably your contact, is very helpful and responsive. You can contact her directly via the email address on their website. Have fun...I know I will...:):clearmask:
What dates are you going in May?
My wife and I will also be on the Juliet in May sailing from Miami to the Bahamas. We will be May 22-28

I don't know what's going on at my local dive shop. We used to have a couple of wonderful managers/staff that were very helpful and provided wonderful customer service. We've spent >$10,000 at this shop. Now I can't seem to get a confirmation on what cabins are available on Juliet for that week in August. One person "thinks" the boat is empty except for one couple and he can't figure out what cabin they have. Another staff member has no idea about the trip. I have asked for someone with knowledge (maybe the trip leader?) call me back. Nothing. They want $500pp in nonrefundable deposit (twice what the Juliet requires) and the trip itself is $200 more pp than a week booked directly with Juliet. Now, I don't have a problem paying a little extra to my LDS but not for this kind of poor service. The Juliet sounds like a great trip, but I'm almost at the point of pivoting and looking at Cozumel for the same week. Part of the appeal of Juliet is no testing required on return, and also we love liveaboards! But I'm pretty disappointed in our dive shop right now. I guess they aren't really interested in taking care of their loyal customers.

I don't know what's going on at my local dive shop. We used to have a couple of wonderful managers/staff that were very helpful and provided wonderful customer service. We've spent >$10,000 at this shop. Now I can't seem to get a confirmation on what cabins are available on Juliet for that week in August. One person "thinks" the boat is empty except for one couple and he can't figure out what cabin they have. Another staff member has no idea about the trip. I have asked for someone with knowledge (maybe the trip leader?) call me back. Nothing. They want $500pp in nonrefundable deposit (twice what the Juliet requires) and the trip itself is $200 more pp than a week booked directly with Juliet. Now, I don't have a problem paying a little extra to my LDS but not for this kind of poor service. The Juliet sounds like a great trip, but I'm almost at the point of pivoting and looking at Cozumel for the same week. Part of the appeal of Juliet is no testing required on return, and also we love liveaboards! But I'm pretty disappointed in our dive shop right now. I guess they aren't really interested in taking care of their loyal customers.

Why not communicate with the Juliet directly?

Back
Top Bottom