Jul 10-11 A "Go Diving" Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sitting on my boat at Lobos waiting for my trailer. We wound up only doing one dive then heading out a couple miles off shore. There we found Chuck and Linda along with John on his boat watching a mother and calf humpback and not long after over a hundred dolphins with a mix of Risso's and common dolphins. Having them circle the boat and check us out rocked. Oh yeah the diving...it wasn't bad either.

So Ben how was the worm patch?.

Son and I are going to be doing breakwater tomorrow afternoon, then various dives in the area until Wednesday.

We did two dives yesterday. First dive was Lobos Rocks, second dive was Two Boat Pinnacle.

Surface conditions were fantastic. We saw the Humpbacks that Peter did, and they circled our boat and one of them spy hopped us. Saw some of the resident dolphins (Risso's) and a few Pacific White Sided dolphins.

Vis was 50 ish on the first dive at depth (worse near the surface, perhaps 15-20 ft, with lots of critters floating around). Second dive was 40 or so, with better conditions near the surface.

The rides over and back were FLAT, as in pool water flat, and no swell to speak of (occasional 2-3 footers with a very long interval).

As Ben said, GET OUT THERE!!

We did two dives yesterday. First dive was Lobos Rocks...

I was wondering if you guys would make it down there. We were there too (in kayaks) and I was looking for you. The only 'big' boats I saw were fisherman and crabbers.

Ben

I'm here at the dive shop and divers returning gear from BW told me it's 35 feet of viz and very calm.

I might be on the Silver Prince pending my diving buddy decision to go, otherwise I might be planning a mellow dive at South Monastery conditions permitting.

MG

Mike, you should have come on the Silver Prince:
YouTube - video-2010-07-10-10-38-22.3gp

That was 5 or 10 minutes into the encounter, after it finally dawned on me that I had a phone that can take video.

Coolest.
Thing.
Ever.

-Ben

I was wondering if you guys would make it down there. We were there too (in kayaks) and I was looking for you. The only 'big' boats I saw were fisherman and crabbers.

Ben

We were there! We got a late start because Steve had a party at his house the night before. He was going to bag it mid-week when his gear wasn't back from servicing, but I assured him that I have at least two spare everythings, so he's not calling it that easy.

We were all glad that we made it that far south. It was an epic day!

The Sanctuary was at Lobos Rocks when we dropped the anchor, but I was glad that they didn't know my special spot. :wink:

Wow sounds like all of you had a blast! I can't wait to read some of the dive reports and the pictures/videos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom