Jul 10-11 A "Go Diving" Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to beat Chuck to the punch... This weekend is a Go Diving Weekend.

So call your buddies, rent your gear, appease the spouse, do your chores.... what ever you have to do to make it out this weekend....

As far as the swell is concerned it's a no brainer

(The vis on the other hand...)

Ben,

It looks like I will be at the wall early with my diving buddy Mainak for Sat diving... So who else is in?

Ben,

It looks like I will be at the wall early with my diving buddy Mainak for Sat diving... So who else is in?

We'll wave at you as we pass the breakwater on our way to some beautiful sites in Carmel. Look for a center console boat with only three people in it, that'll be us. :wink:

We'll wave at you as we pass the breakwater on our way to some beautiful sites in Carmel. Look for a center console boat with only three people in it, that'll be us. :wink:

Gee,

Thanks for the invite, get any closer and we'll pop your boat... :D We are actually thinking about Carmel River or South Monastery, conditions permitting...

From a friend who lives in Monterey:
"The ocean is clear and flat. Even break water was 28 foot viz then dove 4 diff places off the boat. The worst viz was 30. Best was 50."

Max and I will be there tomorrow. See you around, Ben!

Looks like I'll be at Breakwater tomorrow, finally getting my scooter properly wet. If I have 28' vis tomorrow, I will be an extraordinarily happy guy. :D

Gee,

Thanks for the invite, get any closer and we'll pop your boat... :D We are actually thinking about Carmel River or South Monastery, conditions permitting...

HA! Different boat. You'd have a hard time doing any kind of damage to a Triumph boat!

:wink:

I'm going to be down there tomorrow for sure. Probably in the early afternoon and possibly staying until Sunday.

We are on our way to Monterey right now. We are planning on a night dive at the BW, then we'll be at Lobos tomorrow with the boat. If conditions are good we plan to spend the entire weekend diving and hopefully doing some whale watching. Tiny boat plus BIG blue whale sounds like fun to me. Following the rules we need to keep our distance from the whales.

I'm here at the dive shop and divers returning gear from BW told me it's 35 feet of viz and very calm.

I might be on the Silver Prince pending my diving buddy decision to go, otherwise I might be planning a mellow dive at South Monastery conditions permitting.

MG

Back
Top Bottom