Judge who sued over pants loses job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson

Koya Kap
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
remember him?

"Wed Nov 14, 12:29 AM ET
WASHINGTON - A judge who lost a $54 million lawsuit against his dry cleaner over a pair of missing pants has lost his job, District of Columbia officials said.

b

Roy Pearson's term as an administrative law judge expired May 2 and the D.C. Commission on Selection and Tenure of Administrative Law Judges has voted not to reappoint him, Lisa Coleman, the city's general counsel, wrote Nov. 8 in response to a Freedom of Information Act request from The Associated Press.
Pearson was one of about 30 judges who worked in the Office of Administrative Hearings, which handles disputes involving city agencies. He had held his position for two years.
The Washington Post and The (Washington) Examiner, citing sources familiar with the case, reported the commission's decision last month.
Pearson's lawsuit in D.C. Superior Court claimed Custom Cleaners, owned by South Korean immigrants, did not live up to Pearson's expectations of "Satisfaction Guaranteed," as advertised in store windows.
Pearson demanded repayment for the lost pants, as well as damages for inconvenience, mental anguish and attorney's fees for representing himself. He calculated his losses initially at $67 million but lowered his request to $54 million.
Pearson did not immediately respond to an e-mail from The Associated Press requesting comment."

What kind of sad commentary on our system is that, guy loses his job just for exercising one of his rights as an American citizen?

What kind of sad commentary on our system is that, guy loses his job just for exercising one of his rights as an American citizen?

:rofl3:

when you get to my :popcorn:, i want it with butter. :D

Let me check my G.A.S. level..................yep, no reading.

*** are you talking about? You know what you are saying????

The way I see it, it was simple math

Suing for millions over a stupid pair of pants (and appealing after you lose) = moron

and, therefore, it follows

Moron = no job

Q. E. D.

If there is indeed a connection between the law suit filed by the judge, and the Commission's refusal to renew his contract, it is proof, that there are at least some sane people left in this world, and common sense (at least occasionally) prevails.

Justice at its best . . .

the K

Seems like good riddance to me... he did not seem to possess juris-prudence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom