Jon line Recomendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
what are your recommendations for a Jon Line? There seem to be two types on the market. One with just a loop at the anchor line end and those with a metal clip that fits tighter on the hang line. Anyone have experiences with either?

Never revert to mechanical widgets when simple will do.

I carry a 10' piece of 550 Paracord in my pocket. Loops on both ends. Good for all sorts of things, recovery to ladder, staying with your buddy in murk, spending a night adrift with your best friends.

Loop one end on the anchor down line, one end to your wrist or suicide clip, enjoy the breeze (and deco).

K.I.S.S,

can also use a cheap dog leash that will clip back on itself. The Dive Rite jon line is essentially a dog leash. Whether you use the specific jon like hook is up to you and which anchor lines you're working with. Most of their clips use cheap springs, so make sure to soak really well in fresh water after you dive

Last edited:
Dog leash works fine....

I have a Dive Rite Jon line that I’ve had several years that I’ve never used. If you want to message me your shipping address I’ll gladly send it to you otherwise the options mentioned by others would be the way to go imo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom