Joe Pool Lake found 78 feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We took the boat out today and used the new depth finder/sonar and we found a spot with 78 feet. I was shocked. We did not dive it. I have dove their before and it is terrible visibility. I always thought you could never find deeper than 40 feet out there. Tomorrow we try Hell's Gate at Possum Kingdom.

We took the boat out today and used the new depth finder/sonar and we found a spot with 78 feet. I was shocked. We did not dive it. I have dove their before and it is terrible visibility. I always thought you could never find deeper than 40 feet out there. Tomorrow we try Hell's Gate at Possum Kingdom.

78ffw--'wow' that is surprising to me also!

Hey Debra...I'm interested in a dive report from PK....how it's recovering; it's been extremely poor since July and the flooding. Hopefully you hit Scuba Point and Governors Cove too?

Wow, that is a surprise. I can remember when that was just pasture land.
Good to see your post on the board. Miss you at the shop.
I know, you are enjoying the new life.

Thank you for the kind words. I miss the people at the shop, but not the hard work. I feel like I am coming out of a fourth month funk. I finally started cleaning up from all the stuff I brought home from the shop just this past week. We have a lot of good times ahead!

Debra,
Did you get any strange shapes?

There is an old rumor that they never quite got out all the heavy earth moving equipment before it flooded.

Hope that you are feeling better.
Andrew

I'm interested in how you liked the sonar. We are lusting over one.

I want a side scan sonar unit.....but first I better get a boat!

I'm interested in how you liked the sonar. We are lusting over one.

eewwwwww..... sonar sex. :eyemouth:

I want a side scan sonar unit.....but first I better get a boat!

Boats are for wusses. Heres what you do. You tie off on the bumper of the Retro Gypsy Girl IV. Frank then drives SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY (as if there is ay other speed for that RV) along the dam of your favorite impoundment. All you have to do is direct the sonar unit. Simple. Make sure Frank has the brake calipers properly zip tied in place before trying this. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom