JMC 38 Supermask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webediving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Fellow Divers,

I am in search of a NATO pod for the JMC 48 super mask to fit an inspiration CCR. Anyone have any idea where to find one?

Thanks,
Tony

The manufacurer that makes the mask for Kirby Morgan and Oceanic, only sells the rebreather pods to the military. The military has a contract for 100% of production.

Which military do the Deep Sea Detectives belong to?

Richie and John are not your typical divers, are they? The fact that they have whatever equipment they desire should tell you that. The statement came right from the manufacturers mouth. Are there exceptions? Of course.

gballard:
Richie and John are not your typical divers, are they?
The fact that they have whatever equipment they desire should tell you that.
I don't know if they have whatever equipment they desire, but I asume they have manufacturers/distributors sponsoring them (i.e. get equipment for little or no money in return for using it on the show) and hence maybe a choice of sponsors. The Coz cave show looked like an informercial for YBODs.

Nevertheless neither one uses the pod in a governmental capacity. Fabien Cousteau also uses the Oceanic Supermask with RBs, again for TV ... .

I never said Richie and John were typical divers. Although you will be hard pressed to find typical CCR divers ... and might well be suprised at the diving they do. Look at the feedback to Madmole's questionaire, read through the threads. Most people dive CCRs because they dive long and deep. Wreck exploration, cave exploration, scientific diving, you name and CCR divers do it. R & J are certainly accomplished divers, but so are others who use CCRs. Their diving may well be much more typical than you think, with their celebrity being the least typical thing about them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom