JJ CCR Dead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron Harmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was recently certified on the AP Inspiration. I was speaking with a prominent local diver who mentioned that JJ was dying soon. This guy is in a position to know things that I don’t. In any case, he said the owner of the company plans to retire and has no intention of selling the company. He commented that if you bought one, you didn’t know wether you would get 3 years of support or 30. So is JJ really dying?

Some guy on the internet says his buddy heard ______.

Sounds legit.

This wasn’t “some guy on the internet” and it wasn’t “his buddy heard.” This guy is in a position to know more than me. He is a well known and well respected dude in the industry. You in no way contributed to the quality of this thread. Please go crap on someone else’s thread unless you have something offer that doesn’t include treating me like an idiot.

Guilty as charged for trolling.

That said, cite your source or else it’s just more rumors floating around the internet. You are some random guy who is claiming to know someone who knows something. You post like that , and you’re gonna get trolled. It’s 2021 dude, welcome to the internet.

Guilty as charged for trolling.

That said, cite your source or else it’s just more rumors floating around the internet. You are some random guy who is claiming to know someone who knows something. You post like that , and you’re gonna get trolled. It’s 2021 dude, welcome to the internet.

I’d really rather not name drop. People get funny about that and this is a small community. I’ll just say that he works in the industry and he has access to things that most of us don’t. I asked my question, because I am new to rebreathers and for all I know, what he told me is common knowledge. If it’s just a silly rumor, fair enough, but I thought maybe someone here would be able to provide some insight. That’s all I am looking for.

I’d really rather not name drop. People get funny about that and this is a small community. I’ll just say that he works in the industry and he has access to things that most of us don’t. I asked my question, because I am new to rebreathers and for all I know, what he told me is common knowledge. If it’s just a silly rumor, fair enough, but I thought maybe someone here would be able to provide some insight. That’s all I am looking for.
What insight can there be to a question like that? Regardless of the facts there are two responses, either to agree or not have heard anything and so disagree from a position of ignorance.

I will disagree. The JJ has been extremely successful, here in the U.K. it is second only to the AP which had a nearly15 year head start and is made locally. It is the only CCR GUE teaches. People that own them REALLY like them.

There is definitely value in the company. If what you have heard is true I would be prepared to invest in keeping it going. There are a lot more CCRs to be sold.

Prominent people sometimes try to F with competitors or competitors of their friends.

You even see it here on Scubaboard.

If the OP is confident, how about a $5000 wager that JJ will still be here in five years?

That allows you to set aside $1000 of my future money each year.

I have a JJ since 2017. Really love the unit (after some initial adjustment and changing of tanks). Not super worried about some rumors spouted by an unknown of Jan closing shop.

In any case even if this was the case, in Europe you are legally required to supply service and spareparts for at least 2 additional years (in most countries it's even 5 years). So we are still good to go for a few more years ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom