Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey mike are you going to be staying down at monterey this weekend? If you are going to be at the meet & greet we need to coordinate our meetup time at lobos on sunday.

It was good, we had a good turnout, pretty much took over Lover's 2. I seemed to end up hitchhiking from buddy to buddy. My first dive I went to get in at Lover's 2 and I get in and lean back to put on my fins and immediately start to go under, I add more air to my bcd and it deflates as soon as I put it in. I didn't have my reg in my mouth (it was 4 ft. of water, I'll know better next time) and so as I am trying to get my feet under me to stand I just keep sinking.
Fortunately a buddy I met a couple weekends ago stood in front of me and didn't let me drown and helped me get out of the water. Brought my gear back up the stairs to Brewski where he took the inflator off and whacked it a bit, put it back on and now it will hold air. Remember my post about being a bad exit at Breakwater last Friday? Yeah, guess there was sand in my inflator hose too. I started off my attempt at dive 1 with brewski, got through the surf zone and my fins on, floating waiting for brewski and he descends before he ges to me. I think, huh, I guess he saw I was ok and wanted to go solo. So, I see a couple other people on the surface in the distance (mike and robin) and I asked if I can join them. They were waiting for peter, who was also having some equipment issue. Peter joins us, and I thought I was instructed to follow Mike (wrong, it turned out to be Robin). I was following Mike, got distracted with a mask I found, found Mike again just as he was grabbing onto the back of Peter and scotering away. OK, even with my jet fins I couldn't keep up, tried for a minute though. Gave up. Surfaced, found Paula and Michelle and asked if I could join up with them. Did a bit of diving wih them for about 15 mins then Robin found us and joined us. We all exited together. I didn't get to stay for pizza because I had a hockey game that night.

It was good, we had a good turnout, pretty much took over Lover's 2. I seemed to end up hitchhiking from buddy to buddy. My first dive I went to get in at Lover's 2 and I get in and lean back to put on my fins and immediately start to go under, I add more air to my bcd and it deflates as soon as I put it in. I didn't have my reg in my mouth (it was 4 ft. of water, I'll know better next time) and so as I am trying to get my feet under me to stand I just keep sinking.
Fortunately a buddy I met a couple weekends ago stood in front of me and didn't let me drown and helped me get out of the water. Brought my gear back up the stairs to Brewski where he took the inflator off and whacked it a bit, put it back on and now it will hold air. Remember my post about being a bad exit at Breakwater last Friday? Yeah, guess there was sand in my inflator hose too. I started off my attempt at dive 1 with brewski, got through the surf zone and my fins on, floating waiting for brewski and he descends before he ges to me. I think, huh, I guess he saw I was ok and wanted to go solo. So, I see a couple other people on the surface in the distance (mike and robin) and I asked if I can join them. They were waiting for peter, who was also having some equipment issue. Peter joins us, and I thought I was instructed to follow Mike (wrong, it turned out to be Robin). I was following Mike, got distracted with a mask I found, found Mike again just as he was grabbing onto the back of Peter and scotering away. OK, even with my jet fins I couldn't keep up, tried for a minute though. Gave up. Surfaced, found Paula and Michelle and asked if I could join up with them. Did a bit of diving wih them for about 15 mins then Robin found us and joined us. We all exited together. I didn't get to stay for pizza because I had a hockey game that night.

Sorry Kristy that was when my focus light decided to drop off to the eel grass. so I shouted a bad word and descended before losing it forever. I didn't meant to leave you alone.
only took me about 25 min to find it in the surge and waving eel grass

It's all good, Ron, I wasn't afraid, I was still on the surface and just hooked up with other groups.
Glad you found your thingie though. It felt strangely safe to have all those people we knew in one area, I wouldn't have minded doing some solo diving if I wasn't afraid someone might be looking for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom