Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude, this place is great! and its affordable as well. I am learning more about where to go every day. This definately won't be my last time here.

Perhpas one of these times I can talk the wife into letting me go.

I guess you can say im testing the waters with my 3 day wreck diver specialty course in august down in SD.

Ok another story then I'm off to bed.

Last day of diving today. We did a great site called Palancar Pinnacles, or Palancar Bricks because a ship or ships transporting bricks to the island had to dump them due to a storm and some bricks can still be found at the site. This site has nice tall coral formations forming pinnacles, and swimthroughs. the DM found a tiny nudi about a quarter of an inch long how he saw it I'll never know. after that he finds a tiny leaf fish! damn great eyes!

The second site called San Francisco, had some of the usual suspects for fish. A couple of nice sized groupers met us on descent. Later Carrie found groups of leopord toungue Nudi's.
at the end of the dive I saw a decent sized nurse shark resting in the sand, as I swim toward it I see to my left a pretty big turtle. now I have a dillema, shoot the shark or go for the turtle.

So I take one shot at the shark and start swiming into the current to catch up to the turtle. after a couple of hundred feet I catch up to it and get off a couple of shots before letting ot go and drifting back to Carrie. looking at my gauge I realize that was going to be one of the last shots of my vacation as that swim dropped my pressure to about 740 PSI. As we drifted back to our exit point I see the shark again, being chased by another diver trying to take its picture. so I got a parting shot before shooting my SMB and starting the last hang of the trip.

Not too bad. I can get used to this! :biggrin:

Ok another story then I'm off to bed.

Last day of diving today. We did a great site called Palancar Pinnacles, or Palancar Bricks because a ship or ships transporting bricks to the island had to dump them due to a storm and some bricks can still be found at the site. This site has nice tall coral formations forming pinnacles, and swimthroughs. the DM found a tiny nudi about a quarter of an inch long how he saw it I'll never know. after that he finds a tiny leaf fish! damn great eyes!

The second site called San Francisco, had some of the usual suspects for fish. A couple of nice sized groupers met us on descent. Later Carrie found groups of leopord toungue Nudi's.
at the end of the dive I saw a decent sized nurse shark resting in the sand, as I swim toward it I see to my left a pretty big turtle. now I have a dillema, shoot the shark or go for the turtle.

So I take one shot at the shark and start swiming into the current to catch up to the turtle. after a couple of hundred feet I catch up to it and get off a couple of shots before letting ot go and drifting back to Carrie. looking at my gauge I realize that was going to be one of the last shots of my vacation as that swim dropped my pressure to about 740 PSI. As we drifted back to our exit point I see the shark again, being chased by another diver trying to take its picture. so I got a parting shot before shooting my SMB and starting the last hang of the trip.

Not too bad. I can get used to this! :biggrin:

Cool report.
Sorry I didn't get too talk to you Ron, I was out all night repairing my pick-up, It blew A hydraulic Clutch line, Cost $79, Labor.... Took me about 6 hours....Yeesh.

Good night Buddy, I wish you A safe trip home my Friend!

Yeah, I'm getting attacked by some little things at night.

Mike. You really shouldn't be quoting your Girlfriend on the board:D
:mooner:

Mike.
I just went through your pictures, Buddy you are really getting the hang of it all.
Very nice job and great pictures!
Thanks

Nor Cal Meet and Greet at SCC?
As long as you plan it :D

So the last two days of diving were great. I'm getting better at getting into funky positions to get the shot then just inhaling to float up and away :D Also got better at spotting creatures.

Yesterday we got up at 3:30am to get in the water at 4am and watched the ocean going from pitch black to light. Saw a huge crab just walking along in the open. When we'd light him up to take a shot he'd stop. Spent most of the day trying to get really up close macro shots and they seemed to turn out well. The current had picked up the last couple days so trying to get in without being slammed into the wall was kinda fun.

Right now I'm just sitting here waiting for our ride to the airport and I'm tired and sore. It was a good week of diving and I can definitely see coming back here for 2 weeks in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom