Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your Mileage may Vary :wink:I think you'll be comfortable right about the time you put the DS up and head back to warm water later in the month.:wink:

Kinda makes me want to move to Monterey for the summer instead :D. Like I said - kinda :wink:

I was comfy in about 5 dives and then by about 10 my sac rate recovered.

That's encouraging! What kind of suit? - Everyone says a fusion is easier -is that true or is it a marketing ploy?

I am really surprised my air consumption is actually quite similar to warm water -slightly more, but similar.

Heard on the thread that it's easier to jump from 7mm to dry.

3mm to dry takes a little more patience - it's quite a shock :D - but fun!

Last edited:
Kinda makes me want to move to Monterey for the summer instead :D. Like I said - kinda :wink:

That's encouraging! What kind of suit? - Everyone says a fusion is easier -is that true or is it a marketing ploy?

I am really surprised my air consumption is actually quite similar to warm water -slightly more, but similar.

Heard on the thread that it's easier to jump from 7mm to dry.

3mm to dry takes a little more patience - it's quite a shock :D - but fun!

Alright thats it.... Stop winning... you are a damn good dry-Suit diver already Drama Queen....:rofl3::rofl3:

Teasing you Kathy.

But really , Your buoyancy Skills are much better then some divers I have seen after 50 dives in a dry-Suit!!

I have about 10 dives logged on my drysuit and my sac/rate has come down. The key that I have learned the hard way, is movement of your gear. If all your gear stays constant the training factor on the suit is dialed in quicker and with more accurancy.

When the gear changes, it offsets everything on the suit bouyancy once again. So keeping everything constant is key.

I bombarded my drysuit training with different BC's, lights, cameras, mask straps and pony bottle all within a small window of time; end result was hard work getting it all dialed in.

I am much better than I was before and now my gear is all stable and my last dive at Lobos last week was the best I have dove with this suit.

I made my first true 10ft safety stop at 700 psi without any problem; 8 lbs of ditchable weight.

MG

p.s
I have dove with Kathy when she was a wetsuit diver and her form is very graceful, considering it was her first dive in cold waters I was very impressed. She likes to keep her hands folded in front of her, using her fins for rudder and support. Just like the picture you see in the drysuit. :)

you worry too much. have fun with it. :wink:

Alright thats it.... Stop winning... you are a damn good dry-Suit diver already Drama Queen....:rofl3::rofl3: But really , Your buoyancy Skills are much better then some divers I have seen after 50 dives in a dry-Suit!!

I saw nothing but an EXELLENT diver with very good skiils!

Ip.s
I have dove with Kathy when she was a wetsuit diver and her form is very graceful, considering it was her first dive in cold waters I was very impressed. She likes to keep her hands folded in front of her, using her fins for rudder and support. Just like the picture you see in the drysuit. :)

:popcorn::popcorn:

I give up - you win!! I'm doing awesome :rofl3::rofl3:!!!

:popcorn::popcorn:

Will save chat of my drive for perfectionism with the discriminating sorts who share the same sentiment :wink:.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom