Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hurlburt Field...If he's at Eglin AFB that's pretty close as well.

Glad to hear you made it OK buddy. how many days did it take to drive?

I spent a Month at Hurlburt field back in the 80s supporting a Bold Eagle exersize. Unfortunately since we were playing army at the time I didn't get to visit the area and see for myself but the view of the gulf from my comm. Site was inviting. I'm sure there has to be some diving around there. And isn't the mighty O near there?

Your mission if you choose to accept it is to research a dive trip to the Mighty O and play host to your invading Nor-Cal buddies for a great time on the Oriskany!

the Iphone is "Divers Equipment" as long as you have the topside weather conditions programed into the weather Icon on the desktop....
I've seen my buddy use his I phone to get coods. for the GPS so we can find dive sites. Definately qualifies as dive equipment.:D

I have the local area "weather" (temperature and such in that icon) and I check conditions on it through the internet on it. :) So I guess it counts... Having trouble staying asleep for some reason.

And Jim, you can give him my contact info. PM me if you need me to send it to you. My phone number has not changed.

I will send a message this afternoon to him!!

What time of year you guys looking to come out? When it's warm? Maybe I could set up tents in my backyard....If I get the house I'm thinking about, I could probably put up a pavillion in the backyard. :) The place is 1/3 of an acre, but a bit of a drive to Pensacola....I'm sure we can figure something out though.

I don't know, something like this takes planning. first I need to get sarah to organize the event.
I am planning to do ITK in July but I don't see having time to make a side trip to Pensacola then. How long do you think you'll be stationed there?

I don't know, something like this takes planning. first I need to get sarah to organize the event.
I am planning to do ITK in July but I don't see having time to make a side trip to Pensacola then. How long do you think you'll be stationed there?

I think we should all just go to ITK and Brad come down there too. :D

I think we should all just go to ITK and Brad come down there too. :D

Darn it - M + I can't make ITK. :(

I don't know, something like this takes planning. first I need to get sarah to organize the event. I am planning to do ITK in July but I don't see having time to make a side trip to Pensacola then. How long do you think you'll be stationed there?

As for me doing the planning on something - I've got no problem doing that. We'd just have to explore some dates, options, etc. I've always wanted to dive the springs.

Darn it - M + I can't make ITK. :(

As for me doing the planning on something - I've got no problem doing that. We'd just have to explore some dates, options, etc. I've always wanted to dive the springs.

I'm still not sure where I'm doing my IDC in the fall yet either, so I may not have any more time than a long weekend available myself. :(

I'm still not sure where I'm doing my IDC in the fall yet either, so I may not have any more time than a long weekend available myself. :(
Don't forget after the IDC you won't have any money left for traveling. remember PADI= put another dollar in!:rofl3:

Hey all. Thought I would share this new photo of JE. :) This thread might need some livening up. :D

jim_mermaid.jpg

Sorry, I had black out some of it - had to make it more safe for the general populus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom