Jet Fins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinginn:
have had the same pair of jets for 27 years.love them,but there not for everyone.it takes some leg muscle to make em go.
I'm with Mark, I got my first set of fins in '78 for my cert' and still have them and love them, still got rubber straps, just replace 'em every so often.

TSandM:
The first time I put Jets on, I thought somebody had strapped concrete blocks to my feet.

The other day, I put on my Razors (which I was diving before the Jets) in the pool. I made it about four feet before I flew back to the edge of the pool, got out, and went and got the Jets.

They're stiff and heavy, and feel awful at first. Once you figure out how to use them, you no longer like the feel of anything else.

I am given to foot and leg cramps, and I've not had any significant problems with the Jets.

I have very similar experiences. I went back to my old fins and tried other different fins after diving with Jets for a while. I just don't feel right not diving in Jets.

When I started using the Jets, they give me some minor cramps but they are at the feet. This is because of the not-that-nice foot pockets of the Jets. But after a few dives, those cramps never came back.

TSandM:
The first time I put Jets on, I thought somebody had strapped concrete blocks to my feet.

They're stiff and heavy, and feel awful at first. Once you figure out how to use them, you no longer like the feel of anything else.

You must've gotten broken Jets, mine went on like cinderella slippers.

You must have much stronger legs than mine!

Really, the contrast between what I had been diving and the Jets was painful at first. But I had seen on the video how little the fins I had were resisting the water. And I felt the difference immediately with the Jets. I didn't like the feeling for the first two or three minutes -- once underwater, it was different. Now, I don't like the feeling of flexible fins AT ALL. You will drag my Jets off my dead body, and I may protest even then :)

I used to dive with a set of Mares Volos and hated jet fins. Then I got a pair of jets for a cavern diving course... anybody want a pair of volos?
Turns out the reasonI didn't like jets was because when I was still learning and renting gear I was continuously given a size too small. Stupid shop.

TSandM:
You must have much stronger legs than mine!

Really, the contrast between what I had been diving and the Jets was painful at first. But I had seen on the video how little the fins I had were resisting the water. And I felt the difference immediately with the Jets. I didn't like the feeling for the first two or three minutes -- once underwater, it was different. Now, I don't like the feeling of flexible fins AT ALL. You will drag my Jets off my dead body, and I may protest even then :)

Although strength means nothing underwater since us boys can never compete with you for air consumption.

TheFoggyMask:
You must've gotten broken Jets, mine went on like cinderella slippers.

Cinderella slippers? You must have funny shaped feet! I love my jets but I look at the foot pocket and think "What's supose to fit in here, because it shure isn't a human foot."

-Ben M.

airsix:
Cinderella slippers? You must have funny shaped feet! I love my jets but I look at the foot pocket and think "What's supose to fit in here, because it shure isn't a human foot."

-Ben M.

And let's not even begin talking about XXL JetFins... That pocket can probably accomodate a small family sedan...

Alex

Well, judging from the difficulty I have getting them off, Large Jet foot pockets are perfectly designed for dry suit boots in a women's size 7.

TSandM:
Well, judging from the difficulty I have getting them off, Large Jet foot pockets are perfectly designed for dry suit boots in a women's size 7.

I have the same issue with my XXL, which frightens me because I know my foot wasn't that shape at the start of the dive! :D I've actually been planning on drilling a hole in the toe of the foot pockets to prevent the 'vacuum lock' that seems to occur when doffing.

-Ben M.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom