Jet Fins and Ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I buy anything on ebay as advised above I put the max amount I want to pay for the item (don't forget to check shipping too as it varies from seller to seller) then wait and see. Usually waiting for the last day or last a few hours to bet is a good idea. Auctions that end later in the night tend to attract less people. Anothe tip I got from a friend is bet in uneven numbers such as $75.53. People tend to bet even numbers like $75.00 and that 53 cents may get you the item.

I think shipping is a very important thing to check te determine how much you'll bet. I have seen people pay more than they can buy in a store when shipping added.

The only way to go on EBay (other than some program) is do decide how much you are willing to pay for something, and then snipe it. I generally put in a feeler bid about 5 mintes out to see if the current high bidder is at the top of his bid. If not, and the item is under what my maxium is set in my head, I keep putting in bids, and generally I become the high bidder. If I go beyond my max, than I give up.

Knowing what something is worth, and letting the auction go is key. Once I am the current High bidder I wait until about 20 seconds left, and then I throw out a last bid, with is generally a couple dollars more than my max, and I use numbers like $82.52.

I've sniped a LOT of auctions by pennies as most bid amounts like $82.50. Now that I've given away my secrets, maybe I'll loose more auctions :11:

As to JUNK on Ebay, that is completely up to the buyer. I've only had a couple transactions where at the end of the day I realized it was not worth the Ebay hassle.

what the heck are the tent stakes for??? I got my Jets on eBay for $34, yup had to snipe to do it. That and buying up all the Zeagle labeled regs.

You submitted that bid a bit early by my standards. Leave no time for reconsideration.

Great find.

Ya some wierd stuff!
But I wanted the jets and the game bag!
All the other stuff is a bonus.
Not a bad shipping price either.
These will be backup jets since ive owned xl jets since 1987 :)
Rick L

I agree. It was a great find.

It hasn't been listed under ScubaPro........ It was a seller's loss and buyer's gain!

awap:
You submitted that bid a bit early by my standards. Leave no time for reconsideration.

Great find.

Good eyes Rick...I gotta work on my searchs I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom