Jet Fin sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OMS splitstream is between the SP XL and XXL. Not as wide as the turtles, but they are a little higher.

DivingCRNA:
I have been on a quest to find a good set of fins for my drysuit. My Oceanic V12s do not fit well, do not push me along in my drysuit well, and one came off last weekend and it sucked to be in one fin in a drysuit.

I dive in a 3 mm compressed neoprene O'Neill Drysuit that has boots that are like Rock Boots. You put them on over the 3 mm compressed neoprene boots. This moves me up to a size 13 or 14 boot.

I have tried XL Jet fins, and they were not big enough. The forfoot of the drysuit boot does not fit in the fin as far as width. So I went up a size to XXL Jet fins (ordered NEW from LP) these almost seem too big when I put them on with just the boot. I will try it again with the whole suit and the boot today, but I am afraid that XXL is too big.

Any suggestions on what to do?
XXL jets with a short spring strap or turtles with a meduim/large spring strap. This is assuming the boots you have really are as large as rock boots.

5ata:
Seems as though trying to get a pair of jet fins when they aren't at your LDS is a crap shoot.

So I wear a size 10 wetsuit boot and have wide flat feet - should I go large or XL on the sizing???

Definitely do NOT get Large. I wear size 10E street shoes. I just dove my new size large Jets today with 3MM wetsuit boots and my feet were killing me! Going bare foot in the fins on the next dive was actually pretty comfortable except for the rubber grabbing the hair on top of my foot.

I also wear a size 10E street shoe and size 10 boots and the XL Jets fit like a glove.:D

sasscuba:
I also wear a size 10E street shoe and size 10 boots and the XL Jets fit like a glove.:D

Maybe 10s up north are a bit maller than down here. I tried the Jets again on Monday with my nice and tight size 9 short tops. The pocket still squeezed on both sides of my arch. I had to switch back to my old platic Trackers for the second dive.

I am still in love with Jets for precision and power! I just don't think "Large" really fits a MENS size 10.

I usually loan my "large" jets to folks that wear size 8 shoes. Sometimes I wonder who decides what small, medium & large actually mean ... ever buy a soda and they only sell "large, extra large & galactic size?" That's what I think happened in reverse with Jets :wink: Someone decided a size 5-6 shoe was a "medium" 7-8 was a "large" shoe size and 9-10 is "extra large" with size 13-18 being "extra extra large" (btw - what happened to size 11-12?)

Tim

kidspot:
...Someone decided a size 5-6 shoe was a "medium" 7-8 was a "large" shoe size and 9-10 is "extra large" with size 13-18 being "extra extra large" (btw - what happened to size 11-12?)

Tim

You think Jet sizing is freaky, I was lucky enough to find a LDS that had the XL and XXL OMS Slipstreams. The OMS XL is almost exactly the size of a Large Jet. The XXL makes the same 4" length jump that Jets make from Lg to XL.

How big is the XXL foot pocket in the slipstreams? If it's just a bit larger than the XL Jets it would help a lot of folks out...

kidspot:
How big is the XXL foot pocket in the slipstreams? If it's just a bit larger than the XL Jets it would help a lot of folks out...

I only have Lg Jets and XXL OMS. I can take pictures side by side and post them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom