Jet Fin Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jakestg

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been swimming all day in my scubapro jet fins for some practice and I get across the pool pretty fast. My only problem is that I don't think i'm doing something right. The top joint between my foot and leg gets stretched when I swim so I can make the fin go out straight. I keep my legs fairly straight but just a tad bit bent. When swimming, am I supposed to not let my foot free flow like that or do I strengthen my foot to where its a right angle with my leg as if i'm standing?

When I let my foot free flow like that I feel a little pain in the joint but I can suck it up. Do I got to get used to my fin or something? I am size 12 foot and I got a size XL.

I honestly just don't think i'm kicking correctly.

Thanks,

Jake

grammar....
You have to get used to it. Don't let your foot float like that, it's an inefficient use of the kick. Don't keep them straight either but they should move with your leg. So if it's kicking down you should pull the fin down with your foot and ankle, not a whole lot but a little bit. This is rather painful on your calf, but you'll get used to it. Takes a lot of leg strength to flutter kick with jet fins

I have been swimming all day in my scubapro jet fins for some practice and I get across the pool pretty fast.

Scuba is not about fast. Stop trying for fast, and most of your problems will be solved. (Beyond just fin issues as well.)

Back
Top Bottom