Jet fin - foot pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Santa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought some sp jets and tried them out. THey're xls and I'm size 42 so they're a little big when I'm wearing wet-suit boots. It's mainly the width of the pocket that's the problem, not so much the depth, I think.

- anybody know a magic fix for this one?

(One that doensnt involve replacing them with L's - or shoving my feet in, filling up with crazy glue and wearing them till the end of time).

Santa:
Just bought some sp jets and tried them out. THey're xls and I'm size 42 so they're a little big when I'm wearing wet-suit boots. It's mainly the width of the pocket that's the problem, not so much the depth, I think.

- anybody know a magic fix for this one?

(One that doensnt involve replacing them with L's - or shoving my feet in, filling up with crazy glue and wearing them till the end of time).

Try a heavier bootie with an athletic shoe type sole.

Cagemaker

mine were too wide side-to-side with the straps that came with, but magically improved with spring straps. see if that helps - i love mine!

cagemaker:
Try a heavier bootie with an athletic shoe type sole.

Cagemaker

That's what I did as well...

btw if it helps here's a list of various boots/jet fin sizes that folks have tried and their comments ... http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
That's what I did as well...

btw if it helps here's a list of various boots/jet fin sizes that folks have tried and their comments ... http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba

Aloha, Tim

Cool thanks you guys.

I tried various boots - the one with an athletic sole kinda "pushed" away the wideness but strangely increased the pain on the arc of my foot, no matter how loose the strap. Maybe because for all the stifness it had a groove right beneath to make it flexible when walking.

Then I dug out an old, soft, flatsole, rather soggy boot of mine (Mero), stuck some 3 mm neoprene socks in it and tigthened the strap further. Worked like a charm?!?

Only problem now is I'm freezing my heels off in those boots - neoprenes' so battered by pressure they're actually negatively boyant ;o)

I saw a school of mullets today.

BabyDuck:
mine were too wide side-to-side with the straps that came with, but magically improved with spring straps. see if that helps - i love mine!

I'm getting some too. Now. Just wanted to be sure I like the fin and could get it to work before I spent the extra buck. You could buy a spare, bloody, fin at the current rates.

No I'm not gonna build some ;o)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom