Jet Fin and Rock Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveGoat

Reaction score
Okay, here goes.

Got my CLx 450 Drysuit with Rock boots about a month ago and packed it away for storage (what with school and all). So the rest of my gear is being shipped to me from Ohio in a couple days and I'm itchin to do some diving. Only thing is I'm starting to worry about my Jetfins.

I wear a size 8 shoe (men's) so I ordered a 9 Rock Boot (the extra space is taken up by the weezles and the booties). But I've been reading how some of you guys have had to switch to Turtles due to the Jets not being big enough.

Through incessant rationalizing, I've concluded that because I have a small foot for a guy, I may be home free as far as my XL Jets go, but then again...

Any size 9 Rock Boot people out there who can confirm or, uh, disconfirm my fears. I figure at the lkeast I'll have to up the size in spring straps from 10" to 12", but my poor credit card is begging me to stop! Thanks in advance, guys.]

---------Das Goot
"The Goat"

Yeah, UP, but I have to wait at least a week till my gear gets here. School's out and I got waaayyy to much time to fuss over dive gear. Just figured if anyone else knew...

AAaaaaahhhhhh........ I'll shut up and wait. :)

-----The Goat

I also have a CLx-450 with rock boots. I take a size 10 shoe and I got size 11 rock boots. I bought Cressi Space Frog fins in XL and they fit great. Cressi fins tend to have a slender foot pocket so if my XL fins fit my size 11 rock boot then you should be home free with your size 9 rock boots and XL fins. ( We hope ) Sounds good anyway LOL.

……Arduous……

I have a CLx450 with rock boots(size 10), and my XL Jet Fins with XL springs straps work.....but they are kinda tight.. Every 20-30 minutes I have to slide the spring a little higher or lower on the back of my heel so that it doesn't start to hurt from the pressure. I plan to get a pair of Turtle fins before too long.

I dived a CLX 450 sunday. I wore size 10 Rock Boots and they did not fit my XL Jets.

I bought the xl jets because I read on the boards that they worked for a size 10 boot. I had to buy Turtles to fit the size 10 boots on my Bare drysuit.

You just might get a good fit with the size 9.

If it just almost fits and ends up being alittle tight, like wher eit would take your buddies help to get them on and off you might want to try spraying the inside of your fins with silicone spray. But if the rock boots are just way too big for your fins then you may just have to get the turtle fins.

I tried the CF200 with size 11 rock boots at Dutch Springs last weekend, and they fit in my Jet fins, they were pretty tight but they fit, so size 9's should fit OK.
Kevin

I dived a CLX 450 sunday. I wore size 10 Rock Boots and they did not fit my XL Jets.

If you were trying to use Jet Fins with the standard strap......then they don't really work. If you have the Jets with XL spring straps, it works fine with size 10 rock boots. As I said, mine are a bit tight....but doable.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom