Jet Fin and Rock Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My gear came the other day and I tried my beloved jets on the Rock boots:

SQUEEK, SQUEEK,

TWIST, TWIST!

I got em on, but thet were TIGHT! One of the things I liked about the jets when I was diving wet was that they were big and comfy.
So I went to my LDS and bit hard. I ordered a pair of Turtles with slinkies (the new Halcyon ones that don't look homemade. Pretty slick).

As soon as I got home I got suspicious looks from my sad Jets sitting pitifully in the corner:

JETS: Where were YOU all day!

ME: (Guiltily): Uh just... you know, out.

JETS: OUT? Out? Out at the DIVE SHOP, you mean!

ME: Well... um, yeah. Maybe.

JETS: No MAYBE about it! You were looking at other fins today, weren't you? WEREN'T YOU!!

ME: YES!! YES! All right! Are you satisfied?! YES! I went to the shop and I met another pair of fins! All right? Yes and they were beautiful and, and , and they give me my SPACE!

JETS: (Shocked, gasping): NO! I don't want to hear it! It's those, those TURTLES, isn't it?!

ME: Yeah, so what if it is?!

JETS: I know their story well. They come along when a diver is a little too attached to his Jets, and they grab his attention with their bigger...FOOT POCKETS, and the next thing you know petite fins like me are discarded to the used gear section of a dingy LDS!

ME: NO!

JETS: YES!

ME: NO! It's not true!!

JETS: YES! Just leave me now and get it over with!

ME: NO! I STILL LOVE YOU!

(pause, then Jets speaks quietly and tentaviely at first)

JETS: Do you really?

ME: Yes. I Just have to be with Turtl--

JETS: No! Don't speak that name!

ME: Okay, but I have to be with...those fins for awhile. Just for a little while.

JETS: But what about...us?

ME: We'll always have...Florida.

JETS: Florida?!

ME: Yeah, baby. Just you (left foot), you (right foot), and me. In the warm ocean.

JETS: I don't know, Ray. I'll have to think about it. This new arrangement will take some getting used to.

ME: Take all the time you need, baby. I'll leave you alone to think about it. (Ray exits, to get some coffee and watch SpongeBob Squarepants, leaving his Jet fins alone to ponder the future).

To be continued?

Fade out to feminine hygine commercial...

Goat out.

Will XL's fit a size 12 with 2mm booties?

depends on how you like your fit. I am now using XL jets with size 12 and size 13 rock boots (I have both). Spray silicone does wonders for getting them on and off. I made some extra long spring straps from 20" stock springs; at the moment the springs are 14" but I am going to trim 1/2 to 3/4" off to improve the fit.

Nothing's cooler than replying to a 10 month old post =-)

Very funny. I think I'm losing it actually. Forgot that I had done a search rather view the latest posts. I'm okay really...:eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom