Jeep ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my current car comes off lease in july , so im waiting till then - there also changing the body style on my current car so i may get a limited edition to replace the convertible going off lease and keep it as a special toy , then get the jeep and voila ill have a convertible as well that i can use to get dirty in , mt bike , dive and wind surf as well as the dogs,,,,..good luck with your extendatrunk.

down4fun:
Thanks man, I am probably going to get one soon. I need it for work as well as diving, so the sooner the better. I let you know how it goes. Did you get the unlimited?

Kewl. This is my first jeep I got it in October and I love it. Nothing better than cruisin' with the top down. I work on the road so it makes work a lot more enjoyable too. Good luck.

drove a friends older model and it was fun, i love my convertible so his was fun no top no doors,, great open feeling.. loved it,..im going for the unlimited cause it can tow a small 17 ft boat down to the keys - which the unlimited tow capacity can handle... what color is your jeep ?? im looking at either yellow or the white,,
wel have a fun day cruisn soflo,,,,,

down4fun:
Kewl. This is my first jeep I got it in October and I love it. Nothing better than cruisin' with the top down. I work on the road so it makes work a lot more enjoyable too. Good luck.

yipiekaya:
Extendatrunk™
Maximum secure storage in the rear of your Jeep! With the rear seat removed, the Extendatrunk™ offers you 12.5 cubic feet of lockable storage and best of all, it doesn't require extra keys! Its quick-open lid provides you with convenient access to your valuables and removes quickly for carrying oversized loads. Extendatrunk™ is water-resistant and easy to install with no drilling required and uses your original seat hardware to secure it in place. Add the Extendatrunk™ Cage and you almost double the amount of secure, lockable storage space available. The Extendatrunk™ Cage mounts to the top of the Extendatrunk™ in less than a minute with absolutely no drilling and can be removed as quickly as it is installed.

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?s=15

Reviving an old thread here, but I thought better than starting a new one...

Did anyone buy the above ExtendaTrunk and if so how did you like it?

How hard is it to change between the 'trunk' and the rear seat?

screw it.. I went to doubles.. they go with me and nothing really is left behind when I dive from the Jeep. The other option is the brass ring and a Master contractors cable lock.. run it through the brass ring and around the roll bar or through the seat support frame - try to take a tank from the jeep then!

I'm betting a set of hand-cuffs around the tank neck (which are easily removed with a key) might work too. Secure the other end of the handcuffs to some hard point in the jeep.

Of course hand cuff keys are easy to come by and it still could be stolen. Chances are though it'd be a cop stealing it!.

However both these theories of theft prevention can be beaten by a smartter thief. Most tank valves are only hand tightened or could be unthreaded easily with a few taps (when tank is empty). Empty tank, remove valve & ring, steal tank & valve.

Back to the Extenda Truck option, I was considering it for more than just tanks. For any other item I might need to lock up. I was trying to determine how hard it was to pop that in and out and re-install the back seat there.

mike_s:
Back to the Extenda Truck option, I was considering it for more than just tanks. For any other item I might need to lock up. I was trying to determine how hard it was to pop that in and out and re-install the back seat there.

Just a thought here, since you evidently want to switch back and forth easily:

If your Wrangler doesn't have a fold-and-tumble rear seat get one, then measure the available space and go down to Tractor Supply or similar and get a tread-plate aluminum toolbox (something like this) that fits the space, and figure out a quick-release mounting (possibly using the seat hardware?).

Thats what I have. The cable fits through where the seat hings forward real nice. A brass ring on the neck works out nice. NOW, if anyone has the time and care to open a valve on a tank and deal with the hissing that will be sure to draw attention then take a nice wrench and mallet to take the valve loose, more power to them! If they want a tank that bad, they'd probably beat me with the dang mallet and wrench when I get out of the water anyway, sooooo....

For the most part, people leave open Jeeps alone. It's like peeing on a sidewalk.. everyone will basically see it happen!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom