Jeep ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down4fun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have taken the backseat out of my jeep wrangler to put dive gear back there. I have been looking for a way to secure it. I was wondering what others have done. I was also wondering if any one has seen or come up with a lid of some type to turn the back area into a secure storage area.

Thanks

Extendatrunk™
Maximum secure storage in the rear of your Jeep! With the rear seat removed, the Extendatrunk™ offers you 12.5 cubic feet of lockable storage and best of all, it doesn't require extra keys! Its quick-open lid provides you with convenient access to your valuables and removes quickly for carrying oversized loads. Extendatrunk™ is water-resistant and easy to install with no drilling required and uses your original seat hardware to secure it in place. Add the Extendatrunk™ Cage and you almost double the amount of secure, lockable storage space available. The Extendatrunk™ Cage mounts to the top of the Extendatrunk™ in less than a minute with absolutely no drilling and can be removed as quickly as it is installed.

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?s=15

down4fun:
I have taken the backseat out of my jeep wrangler to put dive gear back there. I have been looking for a way to secure it. I was wondering what others have done. I was also wondering if any one has seen or come up with a lid of some type to turn the back area into a secure storage area.

Thanks

I saw some nice locking thing on the back of Sylvester's jeep - havent seen him on here lately, looked fairly secure for the basic stuff, although not big enough for tanks etc.

Extendatrunk is a kewl concept to. :)

I was thinking locking bands in mine..enough for 3 tanks a side.

if it wasnt hot n humid fl ,, id say put a rottweiler in the back with your gear and a bowl of water and food, wont have to worry about lost gear then,,,lol,,

CBulla:
Extendatrunk is a kewl concept to. :)

I was thinking locking bands in mine..enough for 3 tanks a side.

yipiekaya:
bestop has a extend a trunk, or a instatrunk,. the extend a trunk is lockable,,

Thanks for the links. :D
The extendatrunk looks great. The price is pretty reasonable too. Do you know anyone who has one? Just curious how it worked out for them.

sorry dont know any one with it, but do know BESTOP makes great stuff,. was lookiing at getting a wrangler unlimited and decking it out so i did my options research thats how i knew about it,,.. drop me a email and let me know if you went with it and how it worked out for you,,,... good luck

Thanks man, I am probably going to get one soon. I need it for work as well as diving, so the sooner the better. I let you know how it goes. Did you get the unlimited?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom