JBL 38-Special Northwest Speargun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been considering this speargun but I am wondering what constitutes a medium fish? Since I have been diving here in the Pacific Northwest I have seen some good sized Ling Cod that in my mind would be larger than medium. I think the minimum keeper size is 27" but I would have to double check that. Most of the fish I see would definitely be within the size range. So, I guess my question would be, will this gun handle bigger fish too?

• Designed for heavy penetration
  • Has an open muzzle, which allows for faster and easier loading of the spearshaft
  • Compact model of the Magnum is designed for close quarters and for midsize to small fish
  • These guns are most suitable for spearfishing among reefs and rocks where heavy penetration
    is needed but range is not critical
  • Hardened stainless trigger
  • Spring stainless steel shafts and points
  • Cast aluminum handle
  • TOTAL LENGTH: 42 inches
  • SLING DIAMETER: 9/16 inch
  • NUMBER OF SLINGS: 3
  • SPEARPOINT: Rotating Twin Spinner Rock Point (#843)
  • RANGE: 14 feet

Thanks

I have this gun and it can handle some big togs and blackfish. It's really compact but the 3 bands pack a lot of power. In fact, I seldom string the 3rd band. It's definitely a good product for wreck fishing. Maybe not for open water fishing like in the Gulf but I think for you guys and us in NJ, it's great.

I have this gun and it can handle some big togs and blackfish. It's really compact but the 3 bands pack a lot of power. In fact, I seldom string the 3rd band. It's definitely a good product for wreck fishing. Maybe not for open water fishing like in the Gulf but I think for you guys and us in NJ, it's great.

Cool...thanks!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom