Jardines Aggressor - Cuba Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-------- Post added April 1st, 2015 at 01:10 PM ----------

Did you reserve the entire boat or one spot, let me know your dates of travel[/QUOTE]

I have one spot reserved on a friends full boat charter(all spots filled within 1hr of the announcement). dates july 14-23rd 2016,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

There is an organization called Ocean Doctor that is promoting trips to Cuba. Their LOBs are the Tortuga, the Avalon I and Avalon II. These trips are fully licensed by the US and are quite pricey. August on the Tortuga 10 days is $7760, the Avalon I in September is $8615, and Avalon II in December is $9115. I don't promote or book these trips, only passing the info. All trips are to the Gardens of the Queen. I would urge caution is the Aggressor trips are not fully licensed to do Cuba.

Ocean Doctor | Ocean Conservation | Home of Dr. David E. Guggenheim & The Ocean Doctor Radio Show

There is an organization called Ocean Doctor that is promoting trips to Cuba. Their LOBs are the Tortuga, the Avalon I and Avalon II. These trips are fully licensed by the US and are quite pricey. August on the Tortuga 10 days is $7760, the Avalon I in September is $8615, and Avalon II in December is $9115. I don't promote or book these trips, only passing the info. All trips are to the Gardens of the Queen. I would urge caution is the Aggressor trips are not fully licensed to do Cuba.

Ocean Doctor | Ocean Conservation | Home of Dr. David E. Guggenheim & The Ocean Doctor Radio Show

Who owns the Jardines Aggressor?
The Jardines Aggressor is owned by a Panamanian company that has a license to operate a LiveAboard from the Cuban government.
Is the Jardines Aggressor part of a US Aggressor Fleet company?
No, Oceans For Youth uses that name to assure travelers under its program that the amenities and standards will meet their expectations.

See Oceans for Youth Foundation for more details

I looked at these "LOB"'s. I use quotes as the boats don't move, they use tenders to go the divesites and back. 3 dives a day I believe. Plus getting there isn't easy. I'm Canadian as well so I could go anytime but no thanks. Not a huge fan of supporting Castro and his cronies.

Mikeycanuk, where will you go to dive?

I looked at these "LOB"'s. I use quotes as the boats don't move, they use tenders to go the divesites and back. 3 dives a day I believe. Plus getting there isn't easy. I'm Canadian as well so I could go anytime but no thanks. Not a huge fan of supporting Castro and his cronies.

On the Oceans for Youth program the plan is
5 dives per day except 2 on Friday when the boat returns back to Jucaro. There will be diving from the tenders and mothership

She is running as an educational charter to circumvent US visiting laws.

I hope you meant, "..to be in compliance with US visiting laws." :)

I hope you meant, "..to be in compliance with US visiting laws." :)
Not at all. Do you really imagine it's about education and not diving? I don't have issue with it, I think we should all be able to go, but let's not call a mule a horse.

Is the Jardines Aggressor part of a US Aggressor Fleet company?
No, Oceans For Youth uses that name to assure travelers under its program that the amenities and standards will meet their expectations.

And yet in other threads, it's been pointed out that Aggressor Fleet doesn't control the boats in its 'fleet,' rather acting as a booking agent and marketer, if I understand correctly from other discussions. So you 'can't judge a live-aboard by its fleet name,' so to speak, and should judge on the basis of the individual boat's track record with customers.

And this boat isn't even really in the Aggressor fleet, but somebody labeled it that to associate it with a known brand?

Is there more to this that I'm not seeing?

Is this boat in any way affiliated with Aggressor Fleet, or does it have their permission to use the Aggressor name?

Richard.

My mistake, I was confusing the Aggressor with the Avalon "LOB"'s that do 2-3 dives a day. Sorry.

I agree with Wookie in that's a bit disingenuous when all that this is about is getting American divers around the restrictions regarding Cuba in the guise of education.

Was your tongue firmly in cheek Chilly? I sometimes think I'm the only Canadian that hasn't gone to Cuba or the DR for that matter. I'm fortunate I can afford to go the Caymans, Turks, Barbados, Carriacou and Coz. That being said we are decamping off to the Pacific for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom