Japanese Whaling Ship Catches Fire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unfortunate situation, though I don't mind there being less whaling. Hopefully the last guy will be found

I think comments was just misunderstood in context by some. NO ONE here is celebrating any missing, injured or dead whalers. I suppose it's bitter-sweet, in that there's one less whaling vessel to contend with, but the lives of the whalers and their well-being is in no way being dismissed.

The ship can be repaired or rebuild. The sailor's life is lost forever.

Who knows. Maybe he was doing this for a living to feed his wife and children... that are now widow and orphans. If you have children, try to think about it.

Or maybe he was doing it to pay for studies that would get him to university where he would have become a famous biologist who in 20 years from now helped save the last Whales.

To see people happy with his death without knowing anything about him is one of the reasons why I cant stand tree hugging extremists

I find it extremely cooincidental that Sea Shephard, a terrorist organization, is in the area, and now a whaling ship (which was previously rammed and damaged by Sea Shephard) has caught fire.

One of the whaling ships is now leaking pollutants into the water? Thanks a lot Sea Shephard!

I don't support whaling, but I also don't support eco-terrorists (or any form of terrorism).

ReefGuy:
One of the whaling ships is now leaking pollutants into the water? Thanks a lot Sea Shephard!

lol

believe me, if they had had anything to do with the fire, the news would be all over
"Terrorist Activists Burn Ship Down"

fact is, they were nowhere near the scene of the fire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom