January 2020 Observations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joeneill, Nice video but I think I saw a hand reach out and grab the coral at about the 15 second mark. I assume you were trying to steady yourself. Looked like live coral as well.
Safe to say you are not an eye doctor then? Where did you see a HAND reach out and GRAB the CORAL? What you saw was a single finger reach out as there was a slight current that I did not properly anticipate as I approached while waiting for another diver to clear - so I used a single fingertip to lightly push off a small area that appeared to be calcified rock/algae covered to prevent myself from making more significant contact with larger areas of live coral. My bad and I normally try my absolute best to avoid any contact with anything - but I'm not perfect.

We checked out the new Wannadive location by Windsock. It is on the east side of the road next to a new resort or housing that is being built. It was finished in December and is really nice. Super easy for south end tank swaps.

Last night on the island for this trip. Already scheming about a return. Might try to get back in early December during low season and before the holiday craziness. That said, being here over New Years last year was a blast! Literally, fireworks everywhere! A few parting thoughts:

The Doner Station received a lot of business from us this week. So delicious and convenient. Thanks @Trailboss123 !
The Zhung Kong has Matouks Hot Sauce which I discovered at Stoked and it is terrific. For $2.25 you can spice up a meal nicely! The ZK also has Ketjap Manis which is the Indonesian ancestor of the Heinz stuff we eat today. Really no similarities but is great on burgers and as an add to marinades. Great ingredient in any BBQ situation really.

Last night on the island for this trip. Already scheming about a return. Might try to get back in early December during low season and before the holiday craziness. That said, being here over New Years last year was a blast! Literally, fireworks everywhere! A few parting thoughts:

The Doner Station received a lot of business from us this week. So delicious and convenient. Thanks @Trailboss123 !
The Zhung Kong has Matouks Hot Sauce which I discovered at Stoked and it is terrific. For $2.25 you can spice up a meal nicely! The ZK also has Ketjap Manis which is the Indonesian ancestor of the Heinz stuff we eat today. Really no similarities but is great on burgers and as an add to marinades. Great ingredient in any BBQ situation really.

Darook, We are locked and loaded to take your place. Will be on the ground in 26 hours for 22 days!
Thanks for the intel on hot sauce.

BTW, what was the latest water temp? I just got a new wetsuit and should be fine. My old one was warn down to 1mm like yours.

I had one computer showing 78 degrees and another showing 80 degrees. I would guess 79 degrees is about correct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom